PCV Hose question

Notices

PCV Hose question

Old 06-26-2016, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV Hose question

Hi Guys,

Quick question for you, maybe you can help. I have a 502 MPI that was rebuilt last season and has 21 hours since rebuild. My question is... I have a PCV valve on the starboard valve cover that goes to an elbow under the intake manifold on the front of the motor. On the Port valve cover there is a plastic elbow with a hose that runs to the side (back) of the Spark arrester. The other day I smelled a burnt oil, popped the hatch and this line was off laying on the intake manifold, I put it back on with a clamp, but didn't tighten it too much because I didn't want to break the nipple which is plastic. Well I smelled it again the next day, and the hose blew off again. Should I just torque down the clamp and call it good? Or is this an indicator of a bigger issue? The motor was built by a reputable shop in Sandusky Ohio, so not sure what could be wrong. Oil smell is only 3/4 to WOT. Under that... No issue.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buy a new hose.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:18 PM
Registered

Hi thank you for the reply!. I forget to mention I did replace the hose the first time because the hose was broken at one end. The hose blowing off is a new 1/2" hose.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:24 PM
Registered

Also not sure of this is linked... But the starboard exhaust was steaming the whole weekend, but the port was not at all. Engine temp was normal, and it had done this every time out this year.