Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Water in LH bank/manifod from no flapper, what to check? >

Water in LH bank/manifod from no flapper, what to check?

Notices

Water in LH bank/manifod from no flapper, what to check?

Old 06-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Water in LH bank/manifod from no flapper, what to check?

I have a 572 with IMCO Power Flow manifolds and noticed fuel mixed with water at the exhaust tip when idling, opened eng hatch and noticed water dripping from riser and manifold. When back on trailer and pulled found all 4 plugs (2-8) had oil and water residue on them. Then pulled the tail pipe from the manifold, which was leaking externally but the 2 water sealed area of the gasket looked like there were still sealed good, only leaking from dry exhaust (See pics) Looking with a light down manifold I can see water laying in the 2 bottom gunnels of manifold, no water or anything came out of spark plug holes. After pulling tailpipe I noticed on that same side my flapper was completely missing, I have 4" harden marine tips with internal flappers. So, assuming the water came in not through the riser gasket but tailpipe. Im getting a new flapper and installin new gasket and plugs but should I be worried about any other issues? The manifold has ports in the bottom that I can drain the existing water out just want to be sure I'm truly correcting the issue and not allowing something worse to happen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! MIKE
Attached Thumbnails Water in LH bank/manifod from no flapper, what to check?-gasket.jpg   Water in LH bank/manifod from no flapper, what to check?-manifold.jpg   Water in LH bank/manifod from no flapper, what to check?-plug.jpg  

Water in LH bank/manifod from no flapper, what to check?-riser.jpg