Procharger problems >

Procharger problems

Notices

Procharger problems

Old 07-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger problems

Having issues with my m-1sc would love to find a rebuild kit for it and also having big problems with the fuel in the oil. I have a new 502mag and can't get the rpm's . I live in Wisconsin and need someone that knows what the heck there doing . Bought the boat in Tulsa Oklahoma brought it back burn the motor up put a new motor in and had a few extra parts throwing at it like 1.7 scorpion rollers push rods and it's just never been running right. I'm curious on what my fuel pressure should be at idle and at run speed. I really need to get deep into the rabbit hole and find out what's going on or I'm just going to scratch the ProCharger. Need some help guys !!!
Old 07-06-2016, 06:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Like every other out of the box procharger they have you run no stat w a cross over to allow you to run more boost on pump gas, this causes the efi to run in cold start enrichment most the time unless its been reprogrammed or has signal conditioner in ect circuit
Next problem is your prob rinning just a rising rate regulator vs tuning the fuel tables in efi correctly, this is VERY crude and just throws fuel at it everywhere. Your idle/cruising easy fuel pressure should be around 35 psi BUT thats only a starting point, you should be reading plugs or afrs
Old 07-06-2016, 07:19 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

ArcticFriends knows this stuff intimately...so listen to what he says.

BTW: There's a set of ECU's for sale here programmed by MarkBoos for 502MPI's w/PC's. I believe MEFI 1's though. Worth a look and find out from seller the exact's.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is it EFI ? if so there setup is a bandaide at best...
Old 07-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Registered

Ok so I'm good on fuel pressure. At idle and cruising speed normally around 3 grand it will be around 35-38 psi and running it will be upward of 45-48psi. Hope that's good . I didn't know if I should buy new injectors or if the problem was somewhere else. This is the first time in 5 years that I have had this problem with fuel in the crank . But the new motor was never giving me what the old one was . That one was punched 40 and don't know what else was done to it. With this one I'm not able to run it up to 5 grand and the throttle seams not to do anything after about 2/3 push as a matter of fact if I push it WOT the boat tends to slow just a tad and when I pull the throttle back it won't respond until I hit half then it tends to speed up a little. At least I found a speed shop that can rebuild the ProCharger for about $500. Sure beats $1000 at procharger. Just wondering now if with the new motor if I needed the tuning done again....and does it matter that I put a bigger intercooler in, the original cooler sprung a leak.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Registered

Not to tec Suave.. so I should find a guy to tune it? I followed with a post below also what do you think?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Registered

How much ? Ready to trust anything!!! Seasons not to long in Wisconsin and just want to get out there without spending a million dollars...
Old 07-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Registered

Yes it is a cross fire injection ez..
Old 07-08-2016, 11:53 PM
Registered

If you are running a Mefi 1, I don't believe it is going to be easy to tune with what is sent in the kit by procharger.
Hopefully you have a Mefi 4 and a 2 bar map sensor. I am running a A1000 and regulator. If you have all of these items in place then I would send your Mefi to AZ Speed and Marine. He has the tune you need and can set you up for 50psi on stock injectors. Just an option.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Registered

Fuel pressure should increase about 2lbs per pound of boost. The slow down sounds like you are leaning out up top. Add some pressure and make a loaded run under boost. Shut her down right away after a boosted run and do a plug read. You can tune pressure and timing off that. I would find someone other than ASM for a computer tune. My tune was yanking a ton of timing and very simplified for the money I spent. A 10 year old could have burned a tune like that IMO! Find someone who will put some effort into the tune if you have the correct MEFI.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.