540ci 700hp build recipe >

540ci 700hp build recipe

Notices

540ci 700hp build recipe

Old 07-31-2016, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I wanna say around 6400. This was a jesel valvetrain setup , engines going in a 33 fountain with speedmasters.

You see me this weekend ? I was up in Grand Haven

Ha- Getrdunn didn't but I did! Passed you just south of Holland.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557795[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 540ci 700hp build recipe-img_4618.jpg  
Old 07-31-2016, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

I wanna say around 6400. This was a jesel valvetrain setup , engines going in a 33 fountain with speedmasters.

You see me this weekend ? I was up in Grand Haven
Tks

Endevour32 did on his way back to IL. He snapped a pic of back of your boat and sent via tx. Needless to say I didn't need to ask who's boat it was. Grand Haven was my original boating stomping grounds. That was over 20 years ago and crazy then. Can't imagine what it's like now a days. Much faster boats and more skin I bet. Lol.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

You wont get there with mpi intake but sounds like you pretty much decided its going anyways.IF you have mefi 3 efi and somone who can tune it no reason you cant use the harness and ecu on a real aggressive intake and make 700hp w a 540 bottom end. Im still debating myself what NA motors im building next for my scarab, most likely mefi3 harness/ecus on aftermarket intaked on 540s. Going to play w 500efi intakes and see where i can get them but i know its going to come up short. Going to dyno it to death in search for big numbers when i do it, Smitty
Old 07-31-2016, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Ha- Getrdunn didn't but I did! Passed you just south of Holland.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557795[/ATTACH]
Surprised you didnt throw a tomato at me when going by lol
Old 08-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I would never do that, I find it funny that I keep running into your boat. Thursday night I saw it parked at Canal Street, then Sunday on my way home from Michigan.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I would never do that, I find it funny that I keep running into your boat. Thursday night I saw it parked at Canal Street, then Sunday on my way home from Michigan.
Mike, i think thats called stalking lol

That canal st marina is pretty decent setup for trailer boating. Theres not a whole lot in the city for that kind of storage
Old 08-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Registered

Not ripe up here yet. Lol. Said your boat looked sharp.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:57 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Are you saying he's trying to cheat the GPS ? Mileage and speed ?

LOL. :smile:
Old 08-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by monster12valve
I have searched and searched and every thread seems to be an argument about what parts to use and which are junk. I am looking to build an n/a 700hp 540 this winter (changed my mind on the procharger) and I am looking for a good recipe to build off. I already have a 741 cam which I plan to use. Other than that I have a 502 MPI with very low (under 30 hours) that I don't trust because of some issues I have had, so I am building again this winter I like EFI... But will prob switch to carb if it is easier and more cost effective. Any help would be great! If anybody needs a 1000hp diesel.... I can help with that! Just not sure on exact parts and specs on the gas side yet... But learning quick! Please just post combos that will get me close to my HP goal, I prefer good parts... As this is hopfully the last time I have to build a motor until I have my "dream" boat
Just had a 540 EFI built making 720HP @ 6000 Dyno sheet and video of pull on my Sleeper thread. Everything new, from the Merlin III block to the 320CC Pro Filer Heads. Holley EFI complete system. Everything first class by Mark @ M E R Performance Marine.
Don't by a Holley system yourself unless your prepared to tune it yourself. Leave that to the pros, thats what we pay them for.
My advise.............sell everything you have, pick a builder, and let them decide what to use, instead of trying to make this cam work with that head, and then that intake. Save you a lot of sleep, money and headaches. Turn key engine with EFI will be north of 25K
Old 08-01-2016, 04:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Papasmurf
Just had a 540 EFI built making 720HP @ 6000 Dyno sheet and video of pull on my Sleeper thread. Everything new, from the Merlin III block to the 320CC Pro Filer Heads. Holley EFI complete system. Everything first class by Mark @ M E R Performance Marine.
Don't by a Holley system yourself unless your prepared to tune it yourself. Leave that to the pros, thats what we pay them for.
My advise.............sell everything you have, pick a builder, and let them decide what to use, instead of trying to make this cam work with that head, and then that intake. Save you a lot of sleep, money and headaches. Turn key engine with EFI will be north of 25K

Your so very right but not everyone can drop 25k plus on builds. With that said if piece mealing it together with this and that and end up making combo changes to achieve your goals that can get expensive also. All depends on self knowledge as well as the trust in others in regards to what works and what doesn't. Common sense can go a long ways.

700 hp can be achieved fairly easily out of a 540 with good internals at half the price.

Last edited by getrdunn; 08-01-2016 at 04:36 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.