32 fever sealing >

32 fever sealing

Notices

32 fever sealing

Old 08-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 fever sealing

So I'm the proud new owner of a 32 fever. During the sea trial I did notice some water in the engine compartment but it stayed fairly constant. I expected it from the forums I had read about how low they sit and not being sealed.

It doesn't appear that anyone ever sealed the rubrail or the exhaust tips. I've read about every forum I can find dealing with this but does anyone have some pics or video on exactly how to do the sealing properly?

I'm not very mechanically inclined but I feel I can tackle this.

Thanks to all that help by giving info pre purchase, love the site!
Old 08-08-2016, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

be very concerned about the transom being rotted out from what you are saying...big issues on sealing both area's on these boats
Old 08-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Registered

Often times if you come off plane quickly or are sitting still in rough water, water will come in under the sun pad above the swim platform. I find this happens because the back sits very low in the water.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed on mine that water will come in through the vents in the back and under the hatch if it's a big wave, no big deal unless you are beached and the waves are constantly crashing in on it. Sitting on the ocean I think might be a problem. I suggest take a flashlight and see if water might be coming in around the drive area, that can be a bigger problem.
One thing to note. I found out on mine the hard way is the bilge pumps are awesome! I left the plugs out! But as I was panicking I realized the pumps were shutting off. They actually pump it out faster than it comes in.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:26 PM
Registered

Yes, I'm going to seal the rub rail, exhaust tips and possibly around what I assume is the speedo thing in the back.

Have 3m 4200 on order but was looking for instructions on how to remove everything and do this the right way

So far, other than backing it off the trailer, I haven't had water come up on the pad. Fingers crossed!
Old 08-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Registered

Did you have a survey done? I hope it isn't to late for that transom and stringers
Old 08-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

check inside for water coming from the top of inner transom plate. put a rag or something next time you go in water and see if it gets wet. gimball swivel pin can let water in pretty much!
Old 08-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Sealing is easy to answer your question. Tips just pull trim rings off and seal around metal pipe to transom and the put trim rings back dealing under than and seal trim rings to metal pipes again. Rubrail is easy also. Unscrew the rub rail and run a bead of sealant where hull meets deck. Mostly only need that near platform as fountain glasses the hull and deck together except at that platform.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Sealing is easy to answer your question. Tips just pull trim rings off and seal around metal pipe to transom and the put trim rings back dealing under than and seal trim rings to metal pipes again. Rubrail is easy also. Unscrew the rub rail and run a bead of sealant where hull meets deck. Mostly only need that near platform as fountain glasses the hull and deck together except at that platform.
Thank you, this is along the lines of what I was looking for. Thanks!

Just trying to make sure the ups weren't super complicated to get off.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Only thing to ad to ICU is that I cleaned out the gap when during the rub rail.

On the exhaust I not only sealed around the pipes where they come through but also used a rubber exhaust seal that goes around the pipe and the under the trim ring.

No water is getting past that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.