SBC hydro locked, water in #1 cylinder >

SBC hydro locked, water in #1 cylinder

Notices

SBC hydro locked, water in #1 cylinder

Old 09-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mr maine
brand new gm marine longblocks are between 2500 and 3000 bucks. I wouldn't mess around with the old engine with all the salt water hours. You could also get a 350 for the same price or a bit cheaper although you would have to change up the fuel induction to match. Add a closed cooling system, and good to go.

Of course you could also find a good running take out. I would do one of these options before buying a reman from some online site, they never seem to work out.
ditto!!!!!
Old 09-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found the smoking gun. Rigged up water hose and pressure guage and added 10psi and the exhust valve on 1 is closed. It's on compression stroke ). Water leaks outta the head in the port around the guide boss. Leaning towards a new long lock from center state engine, they have a distrution warehouse in Ocala and I can get long block for just under 3k. I may by a close to drop in with dist, intake and carb that's $3900. I worry my 1600 hrs intake may be thin.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by happy hours
Found the smoking gun. Rigged up water hose and pressure guage and added 10psi and the exhust valve on 1 is closed. It's on compression stroke ). Water leaks outta the head in the port around the guide boss. Leaning towards a new long lock from center state engine, they have a distrution warehouse in Ocala and I can get long block for just under 3k. I may by a close to drop in with dist, intake and carb that's $3900. I worry my 1600 hrs intake may be thin.
When you're ready...I have a pair of like new CI SBC square bore 4 barrel intakes. These are the rare "Bow Tie" High Rise manifolds that are the CI equal to the old LT-1 350 horse 327 motors. If you pay for the ride or find a reason to be in Ft. Lauderdale...let me know...I'll let you have one for $0.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:14 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
When you're ready...I have a pair of like new CI SBC square bore 4 barrel intakes. These are the rare "Bow Tie" High Rise manifolds that are the CI equal to the old LT-1 350 horse 327 motors. If you pay for the ride or find a reason to be in Ft. Lauderdale...let me know...I'll let you have one for $0.
Wow ! Good man.

Those are worth good $$$ in good condition as marine isn't the only use they are sought out for.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that is beyond awesome, thank you so very much. Unfortantly the way the boat is setup I don't think I have clearance for a high rise manifold, I have like 1/2 inch above currently flame arrestor,

QUOTE=sprink58;4480562]When you're ready...I have a pair of like new CI SBC square bore 4 barrel intakes. These are the rare "Bow Tie" High Rise manifolds that are the CI equal to the old LT-1 350 horse 327 motors. If you pay for the ride or find a reason to be in Ft. Lauderdale...let me know...I'll let you have one for $0.[/QUOTE]