Larson Senza Spectre

Notices

Larson Senza Spectre

Old 09-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Larson Senza Spectre

Hey guys
Looking for some wisdom and experience with a Larson Spectre Senza. Here's the back ground. Bought the boat early this year it's a 94 Spectre Senza with a carbureted naturally assperated built 502 Dyno tests show 600 hp at 5500. Running 1.35 gears on a bravo 1. Destroyed a 23 pitch mirage plus this past weekend and searching for what I want for a replacement. Tested a 26 pitch 4 blade cleaver Sunday and boat steered on the front at 65 mph causing the back to feel like it was on ice! Cleaned out my pants and don't want to ever experience that again. What are others running for props on these boats, what are the results, or any suggestions. Need more bow lift.
Thank you for your wisdom ahead of time. Really appreciate any help.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

There was one of these on my lake when they were new from Larson. If it were me I would stick with the Mirage Plus. If you weren't having problems getting on plane or blow out issues there is little need to switch to a Bravo. The Mirage will be your fastest choice!
Old 09-06-2016, 10:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

You do not need transom lift with that hull. That's what caused your bow steer with the cleaver prop.
1) You want a rounded ear prop like a Bravo 1 or a Mirage.
2) Go ahead and buy another 3-blade Mirage that you know works.
3) What RPMs were you getting with the prop you messed up?

Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-07-2016 at 07:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
wwwTOPDJcom (09-12-2020)
Old 09-07-2016, 06:11 AM
Registered

Thank you guys. The most I have seen is 4600-4700. The boat comes out of the whole like an animal so I'm thrilled on the low end. Now what about top end? If I stick with the mirage plus which makes sense then what pitch would you suggest to pick up more rpm and more top end? If I decide to try a a bravo one what pitch? Also, would I benefit in any way with a drive spacer and/or K planes?
Old 09-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBKoz
Thank you guys. The most I have seen is 4600-4700. The boat comes out of the whole like an animal so I'm thrilled on the low end. Now what about top end? If I stick with the mirage plus which makes sense then what pitch would you suggest to pick up more rpm and more top end? If I decide to try a a bravo one what pitch? Also, would I benefit in any way with a drive spacer and/or K planes?
You probably will be fine to run a Mirage 21 then, to get your RPMs up. And I anticipate your low end holeshot will be decent. BUT, and this is a BIG BUT...
DO NOT holeshot it. That's not what these boats are designed to do at all. You will blow your Bravo in no time. If you want holeshot, get a jet ski or jet boat.

Call Brett at http://bblades.com/ and get into his prop trial program. He's one of the best in the biz, if not THE best.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

What kind of speed are you seeing? If it were me I would get rid of that 1.35 ratio Bravo and run a 1.50. If your engine is designed to run at 5500 RPM then you are way off. Switching to a 1.50 and the 23 Mriage you will pick up around 500 rpms, maybe more. Sticking with the drive you have, you will need to drop down to a 21 Mirage Plus and then send it off and have it labbed. Cutting Edge in CA does great work at really great rates. Labbing will thin the blades on the prop allowing you to get more RPM's out of the engine. Doing this will also get you to around 5300 RPM's. Either way you need to spin the engine harder.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:24 AM
Registered

Got it. No hole shots! With 23 mirage plus I was seeing 69 on GPS at 4600 with 4 people in the boat and gear.
Long and short of it is I will either try a 23 plus and 1.50 or 21 plus with existing 1.35. You guys are the best!
Old 04-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Registered

Anymore data on this? I have the same boat and would like to know how yours turned out.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:53 PM
Registered

It was late in the season so I didn't get a chance to do any playing around. I did however get a last run in on a different lake with flat water, no extra weight and only one other person. Still only 4700 rpms but GPS of 77 😁! Spent this early spring making it look faster with some new upholstery, hard surface floor and snap in carpet. Still planning to try the 21 Mirage in about two weeks when the water is ready. Where are you from and what are you running for a set up. Would like to share experience with other Senza owners.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Registered

Awesome! That's the quickest I've seen out of one these. I would love to know what happens in a couple weeks with the change over, and I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures too!

I'm from north new jersey and have 502 mag mpi w/ bravo one and b1 26 pitch 4 blade. I haven't run the boat yet due to I'm rebuilding the entire thing currently. Completely rotten, had to take it down to fiberglass and am slowly rebuilding it.

Reading this thread is making me think twice about running that 26 prop...I got it for free though so I figured I'd try it out when the boats done

Last edited by Spectre250; 04-26-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.