Driving thru chine walk >

Driving thru chine walk

Notices

Driving thru chine walk

Old 09-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 apache
Don't drive it past your ability watch the guy from loto drive it like a man went to hospital and junked his ride. Be safe. Btw if you still have cable steering be carful..
The guy from Loto was driving the boat like a girl.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I chose to spend a bunch of money and do a lot of work to set my boat up so it stopped behaving badly. In the absence of that, an active restraint system such as this may be helpfull.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559337[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Driving thru chine walk-restrai.jpg  
Old 09-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
So it's not full hydraulic ?
Hyd all the way to the helm. Guess I should have said Full Hyd..
Old 09-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

Everyone has their own comfort zone. I've seen a lot of people first hand as well as in videos who simply don't belong. The majority of these boating accidents I see drivers are clueless and shouldn't be in anything more than a pontoon boat with a 25 hp hanging off the back. There's more than just full hydraulic steering. I hit a dead head in Lake Huron that was submerged and ripped starboard drive completely off running about 85 in my 28' challenger. Not a real good time maintaining control. Got boat back from factory after repair and replacement and factory didn't have shift cable adjusted properly so again just south of grand haven very similar experience when drive popped out of gear at same speed. Chit can happen extremely fast but... Pushing the limits is what most of us do. Safety of others is always a top priority that's why i only bump rub rails with people who I know and like to boat alone so I don't have to hear about somebody bitshing about losing their sunglasses or spilling beer all over themselves.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTysm-XlxKk
Old 09-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Experience.

Dont try to be a hero on the first several attempts and live to fight another day.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remember most V bottoms will not chime walk under acceleration because it is carrying the bow and has power on the prop for control. Once the boat get to top speed it can nose over and want to wonder, then you need to learn how to drive. Take your time and hold it in small bursts. Seat time alone is the only way how to learn. Also try as many props as you can, sometimes its amazing how a boat handles for prop to prop.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 apache
Don't drive it past your ability watch the guy from loto drive it like a man went to hospital and junked his ride. Be safe. Btw if you still have cable steering be carful..
I hear ya. That's the purpose of my orig post, to find the safest way to expand my abilities.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
Pull the tabs all the way out trim the drive out until you lose speed tuck it back in a hair and drive it like a man.
but look out for the rocks,lol.sorry bb but it was too easy.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

I agree with most of what you've stated in your opening post. Careful with tabs, digging them in too far can work against you too. Check where they sit at neutral on the indicators and have a look at them with the boat out of the water, make sure they are aligned the same, even with the bottom of the hull. Tab indicators are not always accurate.

Like people have already said, drive where you feel comfortable and don't worry about other boats and what they're doing. Your boat will be plenty fast and anyone who knows about boats will know that no matter what speed you're doing.

Listen to your brain, not your mates. The number of decisions per minute increase exponentially from 60 to 70, then again from 70 to 80 and so on......

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 09-13-2016 at 12:04 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.