Powerquest razor 22 >

Powerquest razor 22

Notices

Powerquest razor 22

Old 09-16-2016, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerquest razor 22

Just bought a 1999 razor 22 with mpi 454 mag. Can't find much info on the smaller powerquest boats. Seems to be a well built boat for the money I wanted to spend and will just be used on the river for me and the wife. I've always had 20-22ft checkmates, Baja's, and Concords and just wondered if anyone could make a comparison for me. I noticed the hull has a small step and only the outside strakes at the rear. What will this do for speed and handling. Went for a short ride on a lake with a speed limit so our play time was very limited. Any info on these boats will be appreciated
Old 09-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Step on the outer most lifting strakes or a step on the chine on both sides? The Razor is one of the few PQ models I don't have personal experience with. Look at the hull at the keel at the transom. Is it vee-shaped, rounded, or flat? That will tell more about the hull. PQ's are a regional (Midwest) boat that were built in Holland, MI. Very well built, solid boats. The wiring left a little to be desired but otherwise no glaring weaknesses.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The step is actually in the keel and appears to only be about a foot wide. From there back the keel transitions from a V to what I would call a rounded V. Not flat like a pad. Also there are no strakes on the back half except the very outside one