MEFI 4B CD or Download Needed

Notices

MEFI 4B CD or Download Needed

Old 09-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MEFI 4B CD or Download Needed

Hi All
This is my first post and my brother and I need help with a Delphi MEFI 4B ECM/ECU
We have bought the complete engine etc and runs starts fine until up to temperature then goes into limp home mode
Having spoke to a few people we have been advised that somebody has been into the ecu and set the Temperature setting too low for limp home mode
We were given the lead and paperwork but not the cd rom
Can anyone either advise on a download site to get it from or where we can get the cd from without breaking the bank
Any help appreciated
Old 09-27-2016, 11:34 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

What engine cause stock Mercruiser used up to MEFI 3 and then if those failed currently the conversion is to MEFI 4 for those related Mercruiser MEFI 3 apps. You need to scan the engine with Diacom for MEFI 4

Is this a repower from Indmar or Marine power ?

Mercruiser has NO diagnostic related info nor manuals nor CD's that is pin pointed specific to any MEFI 4 - They do detail how to install the conversion from Mefi 1 or 2 or 3 to MEFI 4.

Volvo Penta does and so does what I already mentioned along with PCM engines and crusader engines.

So who recaled the MEFI 4 ??? and what app - inboard, V drive or I/O or jetdrive or airboat. More info needed.

What ever engine manu you have seek out a certified tech in that brand that has been doing it for least 15 years. I'm in the Dallas / Ft worth area if that would help whomever.

Last edited by BUP; 09-27-2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:56 AM
Registered

Hi Thanks for the reply, we don't know who has remapped the ecu the engine it runs is a chevy ls6 we are over in the uk
Old 10-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tune all MEFI's have done many of the LSx conversions.

www.mefituning.com

thanks
Old 10-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 670 Likes on 340 Posts

I'll be frank,,guys that have that tuning software,,the ones from merc,,paid an azz load to get it.your not gonna get it,,especially for free.
your best bet would be mefiburn.its kinda reasonable,but you won't get all the tables the real/official merc tuning software.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you say LS6 do you mean a '70s Chevrolet or a 2000 and up Aluminum small block?

Jeff
Old 10-04-2016, 02:19 AM
Registered

Hi Guys
Thanks for comments its now sorted apparently it was fitted with too large a bore cooling pipes once reduced the problem cured.