Sniper intake results? >

Sniper intake results?

Notices

Sniper intake results?

Old 11-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by MER Performance
The Sniper Jr is a excellent intake, I matched that on a 572 EFI build with Canfield 350s highly ported . 823 HP 89 octane.. Done at 6100 rpms... MK cam... thinking about switching it out with higher duration #s lift was a little more on a solid .010 lash...
The Jr is for 500-540 cid , I would switch to the Sniper X with bigger heads on anything over 540 CID.
I hear what your saying however with your results (572) it surprises me you'd actually recommend Sniper X.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:58 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Will be a good build. You'll definitely make more power with adding length to the runners as you know. Guys who have done it seem to love it and whips hands down beats anything in its class. Just then again one could argue if the same was done on other intakes there improvements to be had also. Played with that with Jim v years ago on some darts. I Just don't here of snipers on marine engines much and don't know why. There heads are a no brainier and can get reasonable gains with little effort.

Their heads and intakes do compliment each other well as they should.

You shocked me on this I thought you'd be going 383cnc and edel sv565/632? Lol.. Tks for the input.
John
This is a semi-budget deal. And the budget is influencing the parts selection and over all package. The exhaust on the boat is wet that has been semi dried up. So I'm focusing on keeping the air speed up in the intake track. With high air speed there is less reversion. The Sniper heads have a Oval opening that doesn't line up well with many intakes. The Sniper intake takes minimal work to line up. At the end of the day I have heads that cost me $790/ casting intakes $400/. That with very minimal work will make 825hp on anyone's dyno and potentially more if I cross my t's dot my i's when I put it together and don't have to change the exhaust. Is there more power that can be had in the combination yeah I think a well planned and built 572 can go over 900hp easily with the right selection of parts. But now I'm spending $1500/ casting and $550/ intake. Then at that point something will definitely have to be changed with the exhaust...
Old 11-10-2016, 05:14 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
So how would the Sniper Jr compare to a Vic Jr on a 502 cu in Merc 525 long block with the Edelbrock heads & 525 cam, getting ready to purchase the intakes
Vic Jr with 850 or larger 4150 carb. 500-600hp 502's don't need anything exotic.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where does a dart with a 4150 fit in here ? just wondering
Old 11-10-2016, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,048 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Vic Jr with 850 or larger 4150 carb. 500-600hp 502's don't need anything exotic.
my carb's flowed 933 so I think the vic jr will work
Old 11-10-2016, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
where does a dart with a 4150 fit in here ? just wondering
My personal opinion is the darts are fine but need a little more work. All of them need work to be build specific purposely. Many bolt on and go and leave 40-50 laying on the table just from not port matching and opening runners up in the right areas. The Vic jr seems to need the least from what I've found anyway and has proven results over and over on builds up to and even over 540. Intake in question sniper Jr just seemed to nail it down with runner length and cross section area especially matched up to their heads like bb stated.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Registered

Tks for input
Old 11-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Black Baja
This is a semi-budget deal. And the budget is influencing the parts selection and over all package. The exhaust on the boat is wet that has been semi dried up. So I'm focusing on keeping the air speed up in the intake track. With high air speed there is less reversion. The Sniper heads have a Oval opening that doesn't line up well with many intakes. The Sniper intake takes minimal work to line up. At the end of the day I have heads that cost me $790/ casting intakes $400/. That with very minimal work will make 825hp on anyone's dyno and potentially more if I cross my t's dot my i's when I put it together and don't have to change the exhaust. Is there more power that can be had in the combination yeah I think a well planned and built 572 can go over 900hp easily with the right selection of parts. But now I'm spending $1500/ casting and $550/ intake. Then at that point something will definitely have to be changed with the exhaust...

Are you going through a dealer or right direct in Ohio. I did notice the cnc chambers are getting scarce but could careless about that. The others are even sketchy at the moment as you mentioned. I would suspect there will be a decent price increase on these heads soon also. Good heads. If I had a 454/502 build going on I'd be all over their 290 oval ports.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:27 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Are you going through a dealer or right direct in Ohio. I did notice the cnc chambers are getting scarce but could careless about that. The others are even sketchy at the moment as you mentioned. I would suspect there will be a decent price increase on these heads soon also. Good heads. If I had a 454/502 build going on I'd be all over their 290 oval ports.
I purchased them through a shop that has an account with a warehouse dealer. I went with CNC chambers because it's the best bang for the buck and it takes tons of time to sit and grind on chambers to get them all even. I suspect everyone is clearing there shelves of stock so they don't have to pay taxes at the end of the year. As with most racing parts I'm sure there is going to be a price increase. Really the time to buy performance parts are the weeks right before Christmas because everyone is trying to clear there shelves and run sales on everything. Last year we were able to purchase Brodix Fully CNC'd castings (normally$1,500/) for $1,000/ casting. Funny thing is they sell you the casting before the end of the year to get them out of there inventory but you still end up waiting 5-8 weeks to get the heads. They basically sell you the raw casting take it out of there inventory then you wait for them to machine it...
Old 11-11-2016, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 699 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
I purchased them through a shop that has an account with a warehouse dealer. I went with CNC chambers because it's the best bang for the buck and it takes tons of time to sit and grind on chambers to get them all even. I suspect everyone is clearing there shelves of stock so they don't have to pay taxes at the end of the year. As with most racing parts I'm sure there is going to be a price increase. Really the time to buy performance parts are the weeks right before Christmas because everyone is trying to clear there shelves and run sales on everything. Last year we were able to purchase Brodix Fully CNC'd castings (normally$1,500/) for $1,000/ casting. Funny thing is they sell you the casting before the end of the year to get them out of there inventory but you still end up waiting 5-8 weeks to get the heads. They basically sell you the raw casting take it out of there inventory then you wait for them to machine it...
very interesting,,may have to try that.thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.