Getting reversion and need some advise >

Getting reversion and need some advise

Notices

Getting reversion and need some advise

Old 11-15-2016, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
Tom, I have personally seen 450" motors go together that spin 8,000rpm with forced induction these motors make upwards of 4,000hp. I can tell you the intake ports are tiny. They end up measuring 350cc volume wise because of the length of the runner but the cross section in the head a small. So, if you cant get enough cylinder head on a blown motor then why in a build where money is no object do they chose such a small head to make 4,000hp. I can tell you why... Cylinder head size doesn't matter if it's N/a or forced induction. The head still needs to be sized to the cubic inch and rpm. The only thing you are doing with the blower is compressing air in the intake. When the valve opens a mixture the is more dense enters the cylinder.
This and earlier BB's post on page 2 makes a lot of sense. Even though the blower is compressing and forcing the air The fuel isn't atomizing the way it should. Because of the lack of charge/velocity the fuel is remaining it's true form in a sense potentially causing reversion. Example - Throw a match in a gallon of gas, then throw one in an empty gallon with just vapors.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wouldnt bother welding or modding the water flow through the exhaust, just tee in to both ,go 2 into 1 and dump out the drivers side.
A 454 with no thermostat making over 500 hp , a 3/8 id dump line may be a good start . Just flop the hose over the side at first, while you watch transom temps. No running on a hose for this test.
More science than alot of people want to deal with but really not alot of $ or labor .