Arneson Drive traits

Notices

Arneson Drive traits

Old 01-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Sprague, I don't know what the problem is you seem to have but the "small Arneson camp" are actual owners and operators of boats with Arneson drives and their feedback is honest, accurate and here to read and confer. There are boaters that have commented that have both, converted their boat from a Bravo and purchased a boat with Arnesons already on it.

I told you years ago when you bough the Rocker Plates that we had a customer in TX with your exact same boat with Arnesons on it (owner converted from TRS Drives) and you stated you had no interest in the Arneson and wanted to get the most out of the boat with the Bravos which is great but maybe you've been drinking to much if the internet coolaid and not actually allow reality to sit in. The fact is the boats run better with the Arnesons and this is what everyone on this thread is saying.

Yes we use cleaver props, but you know what? So do all the Speedmaster equipped boats you see and a lot of Outboards. We do make a propeller guard to offer protection from falling into the water and landing upon the prop. That said, I'm not going to volunteer to swim into, dive onto nor walk into a Bravo prop nor any other propeller. They are designed to move a boat not to be friendly to human flesh.

The cleaver propellers take more RPM to get on plane and this is the same for any drive they are mounted on.

However, when docking boat vs boat your not going to notice a lot of difference other than the absence of the clunking and the faster reaction with the cleavers in comparison to the bravo round ear props.

There are several owners here in OSO even that will tell you these facts along with many more positive traits.

Rik
Hi Rik,
I like the Arneson drives in some retro-fit applications like boats with over 800 HP/750 lbs. and in many/most boats over 40'. IMO, the Bravo and Arneson not a great comparison in many applications. A better comparison would be the Arneson Drive vs. the Mercury 6 Drives or Bravo boats over 40'. We are going to be moving to CA in the spring, would like to buy you lunch.
Best,
Sprague