Notices

Hull issues

Old 01-07-2017, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=compedgemarine;4516922]
Originally Posted by TELLefant
just curious, does the law state "thru prop" or below waterline? if you have speed masters or arnesons there is no way to do that. if it states below water line could you not just run down pipes that exit at the bottom of the transom. would be better than trying to put it all thru a 2 1/2 inch hole in the gimble.
Actually it's not 'thru prop' the law says. It's a matter of noice. The max. they allow is 72db (!) and that's nothing we could reach with dry exhausts.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
prob has 500 hp or less at the prop - maybe something like this - Dyno shop a higher correction factor than believed as its way in their favor, Not uncommon,

Auto headers to marine non true headers loss of 40 to 50 hp., Dynoed with no or min accessories bolted up front to engine - 10 to 20 hp loss depending, also on the dyno for peak numbers maybe timing was or could be have advanced more so than currently. Next is, Hp loss thru the drive. IMO - this engine 475 to 500 hp at the prop max.
I absolutely agree with your thoughts. I also assumed that there is not enough fresh air passing through these original old carb flame arresters we still have on the new Fast TBI (combined eith MEFI 4a). I saw 4-5 black spark plugs on each engine after 4-5 hours on the lake next to the others which looks pretty different: they are almost brown, blue and ending in violet. They look like washed down by fuel. Next to that, I think my X is too low (7" below pad direct in front of each drive). But I couldn't find any experience with a -3 extension box on a Bullet yet. Well, also with this idea next issue is how to go from Y-pipe thru -3" extension box...!?
Old 01-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

But I couldn't find any experience with a -3 extension box on a Bullet yet. Well, also with this idea next issue is how to go from Y-pipe thru -3" extension box...!?[/QUOTE]

1 block off plate welded on each end of a tube, then drill out the block off plates
http://eddiemarine.com/exhaust-block-off-plate

i would research short drives first,
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...es-bullet.html
Old 01-07-2017, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Has this boat been weighed? If the water is coming off the step at a 45 it seems heavy in the ass. With a stock 454 magnum the water should be smooth off the notch. Maybe the wood is saturated.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Registered

Interesting point Katanna. We put the Bullet on the scale and we weighted exactly 8850 lbs with 1/2 fuel. That's the same weight as in the old Bullet datasheets. The 454 isn't stock anymore. We installed aluminum Edelbrock heads, Fast TBI, Mefi 4a ECU but we have to go thru prop with all that (law)...
Old 01-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Registered

Trasome is dry had it all checked out
Old 01-07-2017, 02:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

You are not getting close enough to your higher Tq and HP numbers.
2000 27 Fever with an HP500EFI and a 4-blade Bravo prop runs about the exact same as you are seeing when it's at the rev limiter.
You have too much prop, and typically a 5-blade prop will not be your fastest top end prop. You need to get a 4-blade Bravo 1 or similar.

Remember, you have to over trim to get your top speed to get RPMs up, and then back the trim back down to get the prop to bite; old school "Pamlico" trick.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Registered

I have. To try that on the trim
I have a 23 hydro 4 blade its 15 1/2 dia I will see how that spins up
Old 01-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 4,316 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Darr