Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
engine question, good base or not >

engine question, good base or not

Notices

engine question, good base or not

Old 01-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Didn't Mr Gadgets put a steel tower and work his magic your drive? The tower that Dick uses is much stronger than a stock XR tower, plus your drive is set up better than any out of the factory drive ever was. There are customers running very serious power, with his mode and stock thick floor gears. I wouldn't be afraid to put 600 hp through it, and still expect a long life. Are you not also running a drive guardian?
Old 01-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

yes,
mr gadgets put a steel tower, xr cap, some kind of pinion shim upgrade, corrected the gear lash, and drilled and tapped it so i could run a drive lube pump, cooler and filter.

i have confidence in the drives ability, but still want to stay inside it's design limits.

decided against the drive gaurdian, since i'll be in the 420-450 range, and no all out racing.