Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Blower surge Make it stop >

Blower surge Make it stop

Notices

Blower surge Make it stop

Old 01-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MT can post a video of before and after his Daytona sensors installation showing the improvement on his carbed blower engines. It is nothing short of dramatic.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Havasubill, what carbs do you have

Edit: jist reread and saw you have 830cfm holleys. Pretty sure those are the old school carbs. No adjustable idle feeds in those if i recall.

But, you can try experimenting with some small wire, V shaped, inserted into the restrictor in the metering block, to reduce some of the fuel flow.

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 01-16-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with timing locked dont think any curve will cure it, just for grins try removing and plugging the power valves just to test and see what it does, might be enough vac fluctuation to cause them to act weird, also 8.5 ??? are they boost referenced carbs ?
Old 01-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

I am looking for more surge. Wanna trade for a 177/Dominator setup?
Old 01-16-2017, 03:07 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mild Thunder thank you do much for your advice, its nice to see some have positive input on a post. Im just exhausted trying everything to cure this. So when I dumped the timing to 10 at idle and lean it out I can get it to idle at 850 but as soon as I put a load on it, it will die. So Im wondering if a different profile of cam will help this at all? Ive done over 40 blower engines and have never had one that I cant tune the surge out of. So just pulling my hair out as Ive spent lots of hours and never get anywhere with it stopping. So some what in a nut shell ive tried the lower timing and adjusting the carbs for that and it still reacts the same.

Eliminated thanks for the info on the Daytona I went and checked it out and looks like some good stuff to have even if I didn't have this issue.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:10 PM
VIP Member

So Mild thunder your stating that if I had the timing come back in gear they wouldn't die when shifted? Curious as to once I would do that I would be back to surging and hard to get out of gear?
Old 01-16-2017, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

Eliminated572 I would love to see that video please if you can find it. Im wanting to find something that will blow me away with a fix!

79Formula have you got two of them or one? I would need two. Before I end up in a rubber room making surge noises! LOL
Old 01-16-2017, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

EZstriper been there and done that blocked off. They are boost reference and for sure they are not opening as the vac never drops below 11 pounds. They are defiantly closed!
Old 01-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by havasubrian
Eliminated572 I would love to see that video please if you can find it. Im wanting to find something that will blow me away with a fix!

79Formula have you got two of them or one? I would need two. Before I end up in a rubber room making surge noises! LOL
I only got one. I cant pump up the power anymore anyways. Id have the broken bravo blues with anymore power.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:28 PM
VIP Member

79Formula Im having to be careful as Im 850HP @ 5500 and Im bravo ones with Imco shotys! That is why I want the surge gone so I can drive the stupid thing! Thank God its not a customers boat LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.