Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Trailer Brakes >

Trailer Brakes

Notices

Trailer Brakes

Old 10-07-2002, 01:49 PM
jokerswild

Question Trailer Brakes

I'm looking for a shop in tampa/st pete area that carries electric brake kits and does installations. Its for a triple axle trailer and holds a 32' boat. The boat also needs to be re-aligned on the trailer 'cause the tongue weight is >100#'s - ( possibly moving the axles back?) Any help or ideas???

Thanks in advance.
nick

Old 10-08-2002, 08:59 AM
Offshore Addiction

we can help you out,one question though?????are you dipping this trailer in the water?why electric brakes....or just trailering inbetween lifts??????

Old 10-08-2002, 09:51 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

I can help with this question OA

Yes the trailer will be dipped into the water, its gonna be fresh water for i'd say 98% of its life......maybe once or twice per year it will be going down to FL for some fun. Maybe a washdown would be nice for those trips to salt water.......

Reason for electric is that the guy who bought the boat (friend of mine) has not had good luck with hydraulic setups in the past! So he wants to go with electric this time around.

And the reason that Jokerswild happens to be asking this question is that the boat is down in Tampa at the moment waiting for my friend to drive down and pick it up (most likely over New Years this year)

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-08-2002, 10:10 AM
Offshore Addiction

no problem,have to see the set up on the trailer.....should be able to take care of it for ya......let me know......AL 813-247-3049

Old 10-08-2002, 04:40 PM
jokerswild

ok- i'll give ya a call, and set up a time and day to come by with the trailer. thanks again.

Old 10-09-2002, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you thought about electric over hydraulic brakes ? I just bought a MYCO with this set up and I really like it. It gives you the adjustability of the electric brakes along with the durability / corrosion resistance of surge brakes. Also no clunk when pulling away from stop lights and backing up is a breeze.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:51 PM
jokerswild

h20warrior- i think your setup would be the way to go, we'll investigate it and go from there. thanks for the heads up.