Afr heads with PAC 8002 spring upgrade. >

Afr heads with PAC 8002 spring upgrade.

Notices

Afr heads with PAC 8002 spring upgrade.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

My tool room springs rang in at right around 400 as well.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full Force
Not always the case, I have some. Buddies that have paid shops much more and still been out of the water, some for years and years waiting on "warranty" work... just because you paid an engine builder doesn't mean it's going to come out right in the end. Many people would not take on what I have go through the problems and keep plugging away at it yes I have learned a lot and yes there has been mistakes on my part and others but when things are finalized it should be a pretty nice set of engines and the learning is very valuable for the future
Wow! Believe it or not, but there guys out there that pay reputable, proven shops that have built 540's that get 4 or 5 times the hrs or more then you got. "Money ahead"

You and you only are the one that took chances. But hey, to each there own.

I do believe you will get your engines right. There are alot of guys on here with invaulable info.

We just learn not what to do when we read yours. LOL No harm intended.

Last edited by chancer540; 01-22-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Im just hearing the same thing over and over again that's been talked about in other threads, post a link of the springs your using, not the ones you say are junk tell us what your moving forward with, springs, cams, heads, intake,carb, exhaust ect. spring will be here before you know it.
Ya, what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-22-2017, 08:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by chancer540
Ya, what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You guys don't have to read the threads....��
Old 01-22-2017, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatally Insane
Bob recommended Isky "tool room" springs for my build with WAY less cam..

....but I didn't buy my heads from Marine Kinetics either...

Don't feel too bad Tim.. My AFR heads were sold to me as "bolt on ready" for a marine hydraulic roller application as well...
Turned out they had solid roller springs and didn't even have Inconel exhaust Valves..
Brian Alfry is a lying POS....
This is very irritating to hear. They keep this kinda crap up it will undoubtedly have a direct impact on sales. What seems strange to me also is they market heavily bolt on ready. They may want to consider promoting bare castings til they get their priorities in order. I would imagine they make as much money on the parts as they do on the castings buying in bulk. Hard telling what your really getting. I forget the old guy's name on YouTube who has a lot videos and had one on bolt on ready heads. About half dozen different sets and surprising how many didn't even seat properly. You could literally see daylight through the valve/seat and also when poured water in the chambers it would leak out. Never buy bolt on ready heads. Thats kinda like buying a new carb and not visually confirming the jet size. You just can't assume anything.

I don't mean to pick on just afr as I'm sure this is common with several others however AFR sells a lot of heads. As far as any marine head or any head for that matter I would never ever purchase bolt on ready. It's not easy for most to verify what they are really getting. It's to bad really but just what it is.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Registered

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LmVVoUT7Di0

WARNING" DON'T- bolt on "New in the Box" heads on your motor without. 1.0 - YouTube

This is one that was floating around here a while back. Gotta give this guy some credit plus you even get a chuckle from time to time just listening to him talk. Goldarn cotton pickin Chinese heads. He gets all revved up.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:46 PM
Registered

Oops

Last edited by JRider; 01-22-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I was not aware that you could get isky tool room springs shipped and installed with the afr heads ..thats a good thing

Our buddy got afr 315 heads from Bob. Upgrade to inconel valves, and #8002 spring "upgrade", which are the cheaper PAC springs. They were for a 1000hp forced induction build.
315s for a 1000hp build? 😂
Old 01-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
You guys don't have to read the threads....��
And you don't have to post a new thread every time you discover something new with your ongoing saga.

Hear me out... you built these yourself trying to save a buck. I get it. I do similar stuff. Sometimes I win, other times I lose $$$. Bob May have not been the honest by any means with you, however by you not researching all these different things ( springs, lifters, cams, etc) YOU failed yourself. Heck of an expensive learning experience for sure.

No need to tell me you're on a budget ( we all are) or any other excuse. Due diligence or hiring a professional would have saved you some $$$, grief and sanity.

I will give you credit... Your shortblocks seem to be doing well
Old 01-22-2017, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
315s for a 1000hp build? ��
Easy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.