Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
extension box on this typ of hull and transom? >

extension box on this typ of hull and transom?

Notices

extension box on this typ of hull and transom?

Old 01-25-2017, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by css19
I don*t want triple digit boat
I want to squeeze 80mph from this hull.
here is the video from this boat doing 75mph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zWRDPNYadw
I was gonna give you some chit about your thread but then I watched the video. I gotta admit the boat looks like its good and stable. I wouldn't be afraid to run that thing another 10 plus but it's a matter of how you get there. I'd research and get solid proof on speed gains and most important handling before installing kit. Throw another 100 hp at it and call it good. Boat Sounds pretty good what is the build?
Old 01-26-2017, 02:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I was gonna give you some chit about your thread but then I watched the video. I gotta admit the boat looks like its good and stable. I wouldn't be afraid to run that thing another 10 plus but it's a matter of how you get there. I'd research and get solid proof on speed gains and most important handling before installing kit. Throw another 100 hp at it and call it good. Boat Sounds pretty good what is the build?
of this up I do not know details
I build 406 sbc with cc280ah10 cam,smog head full port 2.02,1.6,10.1 cr,headers,thru hull,I belive 400hp will lounch me low 70,I need to find some extra 7-8mph playing with drive and prop
boat empty weight 2675 with drive and motor
some guide for me
http://www.rlcperformance.com/images...pledigits.html
Old 01-26-2017, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by css19
While the shorty lower might be good direction for you, be careful what else you take away from the rest of the link you showed. Guys is/was a complete BS'r azzhat. He is from my area, so I know 1st hand, not talking from what I read, etc.. Triple Digits never ran anything close to its name.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarabman
While the shorty lower might be good direction for you, be careful what else you take away from the rest of the link you showed. Guys is/was a complete BS'r azzhat. He is from my area, so I know 1st hand, not talking from what I read, etc.. Triple Digits never ran anything close to its name.
yes,shorty lower ,little expensive,last on the list,cheaper if I go with extension box,hydro prop quad 4,msd ,crossover
Im still in r&d phase,I still doing my heads
that*s why I ask a lot of questions
Old 01-26-2017, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your talking about throwing some money down now. Through hull is a challenge unless you go side outlet , then its going to be loud .
A vp duoprop on a 2600 lb boat is 75-80 set right , will still plane out with authority and be reliable.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:14 PM
Registered

hard to find volvo duoprop,and if I find very expensive
Old 01-27-2017, 01:12 PM
Registered

They are not giving away working bravos and complete extension boxes either, at least around here.
Thats about a $2500 combo easy , your getting close to volvo dp money , which in that situation would likely offer more bang for buck. But if they didnt sent many to your neck of woods, guess thats out
Old 01-27-2017, 04:14 PM
Registered

how strong is volvo duoprop?
I heard that bravo 3 is not so strong
and against volvo- not very much on the market,and litlle information about them
and if I found volvo here look like from ww2
and last ,chevy-merc glastron= usa,
volvo is mismatch

Last edited by css19; 01-27-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Registered

Yep . Not a plug and play .
When i had my css19 , my buddies roommate had a barefoot ski boat with a 406 lingenfelter motor coupled to a volvo duoprop.
It was the drag race king of the lake back then. Fast and bulletproof. Was looking to do a similar combo for the css. The volvo dp seems to offer less drag at speed, plus can offer less backpressure when going through prop which was the plan on that hull. Will require a different bell coupler ect , and some minor transom mods , and prop changes will be more expensive , but that sure would make that boat come alive.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doing an extension box vs a shorty are not the same thing. I wouldn't worry about a duo prop behind that motor. Unless you've had it dyno'd, my guess it that motor probably is right where you think it is and a bravo 3 or VP should take that all day. I ran my 480hp 383 through a stock B3 without issue for a couple of years until I swapped it for a B1. My same motor with a smaller cam made 430hp and I ran that through an Alpha SS for a couple years until I bought my new boat. The guy who bought it threw 500 at it and it predictably broke in short order. Of course I have no idea how he drove it, but he took out the vertical shaft, not the gears. Alphas are pretty durable if you ask me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.