Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Stainless marine to stellings width issues? >

Stainless marine to stellings width issues?

Notices

Stainless marine to stellings width issues?

Old 02-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

Your height would be more of an issue. I just set a dart 4150 on with 4150 carb and the with a 3" spark arrestor puts your near even across.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Your height would be more of an issue. I just set a dart 4150 on with 4150 carb and the with a 3" spark arrestor puts your near even across.
That was another thing to look at
Old 02-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

I put raised port AFR's on my 540's bravo application with CMI's and the pipes lined up fine, no cutting at all
Old 02-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Thinking about running used headers? Please don't!
Old 02-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

depends who I would get them from, I have a buddy that can fix anything needed, but I can tell you NEW are not in d=budget at this time, if I wait till next winter then yes, new...

not even sure what brands are good and for TRS

Originally Posted by Panther
Thinking about running used headers? Please don't!
Old 02-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
I put raised port AFR's on my 540's bravo application with CMI's and the pipes lined up fine, no cutting at all
Your were fortunate cause darts just don't line right up. I witnessed it first hand with Gil's anyway. Exhaust holes at transome as well as center to center.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
depends who I would get them from, I have a buddy that can fix anything needed, but I can tell you NEW are not in d=budget at this time, if I wait till next winter then yes, new...

Just gotta take a little precaution and pressure test and keep up on them. I'm going to be running stellings that came from a friend on OSO and have no problem with it. the ones I posted in pic Tim the tails pretty much go straight back.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

The problem with used headers is even after pressure testing you don't usually find a problem until after they fill your cylinders with water. I had a set of tested headers on mine that filled the #5 cylinder two months later. Luckily it didn't turn over and do any damage.

I would keep your manifolds knowing that they may be holding the engine back and spring for new headers when possible.

Last edited by Baja Rooster; 02-02-2017 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
The problem with used headers is even after pressure testing you don't usually find a problem until after they fill your cylinders with water. I had a set of tested headers on mine that filled the #5 cylinder. Luckily it didn't turn over and do any damage.

I would keep your manifolds knowing that they may be holding the engine back and spring for new headers when possible.
If buying new I'd definitely buy KE's or SS Gen lll's. You might as well forget about headers all together.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force

I agree with Panther, I would think long and hard about used headers. Maybe your buddy can fix anything, but if they need to be fixed once, IMO they are junk. It's only a matter of time when another leak will spring up. If you don't catch it in time, good by new engines!

I am the one that getrdunn witnessed having to modify the transom. I went form 088 heads to Dart Pro 1 heads and I had to move my exhaust holes up and out 1/2" to 3/4". I run Gil thru the transom, dry to tip pipes. The chance of running a raised port head, and having thru the transom pipes work without modification IMO is ZERO, unless the pipes were built for that set up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.