Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Stainless marine to stellings width issues? >

Stainless marine to stellings width issues?

Notices

Stainless marine to stellings width issues?

Old 02-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Stainless marine to stellings width issues?

If I got Stellings is there any width issues compared to stainless marine? hate to sell off my stuff then find out I would have issues fitting stellings or any other header...??
Old 02-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My experience changing the exhaust our exhaust from Gil to CMI is you will need new custom tail pipes to fit the existing transom holes. We made mock ups with PCV pipe but it was pretty much a waste of time. Ended up towing the boat to CMI any paying a second time for them to rework their tail pipes to fit. IMO, refitting exhaust to an existing transom is a huge expensive PITA.

Last edited by BenPerfected; 02-01-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
If I got Stellings is there any width issues compared to stainless marine? hate to sell off my stuff then find out I would have issues fitting stellings or any other header...??
Tim I have a set of green tags mounted on the engines and can take some pics with tape measure am post for u if it helps. I can also measure center to center dimension and give you apprx width btwn the inner two headers.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I guess maybe what I need is someone who has them and measure center to center and see what it is? I am almost positive I would not have issues, but I may have a lead on Stellings...
Old 02-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

These that I am looking at came off a Mistress he thinks, possibly TRS not sure yet... if that's the case I am good since I have a TRS mistress, waiting for answers..
Originally Posted by BenPerfected
My experience changing the exhaust our exhaust from Gil to CMI is you will need new custom tail pipes to fit the existing transom holes. We made mock ups with PCV pipe but it was pretty much a waste of time. Ended up towing the boat to CMI any paying a second time for them to rework their tail pipes to fit. IMO, refitting exhaust to an existing transom is a huge expensive PITA.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 4,290 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Those were Steroid Stellings thou and they were really tight . I believe I`m 35.5 center to center

Probably won`t help at all so
Have a nice day and F uck you.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 02-01-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

LOL sure it helps, I will measure my C/C haha

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL

Those were Steroid Stellings thou and they were really tight . I believe I`m 35.5 center to center

Old 02-02-2017, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL

Sexy right there.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

My stellings came in the Formula 402 I had, that had TRS drives. When I put the power in my fountain, which also was a TRS boat originally, I only had to slightly modify the exhaust holes, tails fit fine. The Fountain was converted to #4 SSM's , but the engine height didnt' change much. I really just had to enlarge the exhaust holes, as the fountain originally had 4" tailpipes, and the stellings have 4.5". Most boats had the exhaust holes in the same location, if it was a TRS boat.

If your getting stellings that came off a TRS boat, and they have tails that angle down, it should be a close fit.
Attached Thumbnails Stainless marine to stellings width issues?-20161006_120756.jpg   Stainless marine to stellings width issues?-20161006_121253.jpg  
Old 02-02-2017, 07:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sweet might need to list mine for sale tonoffset cost as I really have money going elsewhere for engines, but I have a good deal in front of me on stellings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.