Old 02-16-2017, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dual Dominator Blower carb Accellerator pump tuning/linkage adjustment

See next post due to advertising.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:47 AM
Registered

So, in the process of putting my upper ends back together last year, I noticed a lot of differences between the engines on linkage adjustments and also on accelerator pump adjustments. One would think someone put these setups together on a bench next to each other and would have made the setups identical, does not look like that happened or they have been thoroughly molested over time.

So to start with, the throttle cable is mounted on a hacked up spacer, and there is a tap broke off in the bracket that mounts to the blower . Where the cable connects to the first part of the actuating linkage, the angles of that linkage on the spline shaft are different from motor to motor. Also, the all the linkage rods adjust opposite from side to side, I swear I am not OCD but this **** drives me crazy. What I adjust clockwise on one set of carbs it is opposite on the other. I swear, none of them match, I am pretty sure a 10yr old set these up. I can flip the rods around so they all match easy enough, just takes a little time. My real question is, how do I set up the lever arms on the hex shafts? They are at all different angles from motor to motor, maybe pick the motor that runs better and adjust the other on to match?

This leads to my next question on accelerator pump accelerator pump adjustment. Obviously I am not a carb tuning expert but I thought the accelerator pump arm should be adjusted so it is almost touching the pump? These things were all over the place, from 1/16" to over 1/8" away from the pumps. I adjusted them all up to almost touching the pumps. One motor seemed to run fine on take off the other seemed to fall on its face if I gave it too much throttle trying to plane off. How should the pumps be adjusted?

So, I am thinking the linkage arm adjustment from motor to motor is also part of the one motor falling on its face. Any input welcome here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564831[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Dual Dominator Blower carb Accellerator pump tuning/linkage adjustment-20160625_025517.jpg  
Old 02-16-2017, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

You have to have the pump start as soon as the throttle moves. The only clearance you need is when the throttle is wide open you don't bind the pump arm. Sometimes you have to bend the pump arm or file on the cam. Dominators can be hard with the internal linkage.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:18 AM
Registered

Any advice on the angles of the lever arms on the spline shafts?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I have mine sit flat on the flat part of the cam. Sometimes you have to move the cam reposition it on the arm and drill a new hole in it.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fbc25el
I have mine sit flat on the flat part of the cam. Sometimes you have to move the cam reposition it on the arm and drill a new hole in it.
I'm talking about the linkage from the cable to the carbs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565024[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Dual Dominator Blower carb Accellerator pump tuning/linkage adjustment-good-vibrations-motorsports-now-offers-several-premium-linkage-kits.jpg  

Last edited by JRider; 02-23-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

I'm going to be putting my linkage etc together this weekend. Can hardly wait. Looks like a can of worms. Literally.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:35 PM
Registered

What do u have going on with your fuel lines. Ck out Mild Thunders set up. He's got a hose plumbed each rear port of carb and joined at an inexpensive fuel log. Nice clean set up.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn
What do u have going on with your fuel lines. Ck out Mild Thunders set up. He's got a hose plumbed each rear port of carb and joined at an inexpensive fuel log. Nice clean set up.
All the fuel lines are getting revamped as well, after a hard run I get vapor lock on my starboard motor. I have an electric pump setup, not sure why as my blocks have a fuel pump provision.

Here is what I was going to copy for fuel lines.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565039[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Dual Dominator Blower carb Accellerator pump tuning/linkage adjustment-item_65765_901.jpg  
Old 02-25-2017, 11:24 AM
Registered

Nice job. You've got a lot going on there. Looks great....