Notices

PPI before purchasing engines?

Old 03-06-2017, 05:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

oh god... RUN!!!!
Originally Posted by mike tkach
would the letters KID be in the screen name?
Old 03-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
would the letters KID be in the screen name?
Does he have a Apache?
Old 03-06-2017, 05:50 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

So the guy who is selling these blew up his old motors and bought these from someone as replacements. Now he's telling you what was told to him when he purchased them which makes you the third owner since rebuild correct? How much time has passed since rebuilds? They were never installed by the last 2 owners ? I'd at least want to look at them in person. Is anyone here vouching for the guy or the engines?
Old 03-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

I guess we just need to find out who thunder boat bob is with 40 yrs experience. Anyone???
Old 03-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I know most of you don't know me well unless you were racing offshore in the mid 90's - early 2000's. I use Bob at Thunder Boats to do my engine work, he has rebuilt a full set almost identical to these for me. When he was doing mine, he showed me this set of motors and the dyno sheets. He is an old offshore racer and engine builder from the 80's and 90's. I referred these motors to Genob when he called trying to buy my motors but they where already under contract with an OSO member in Michigan. I was very impressed by the rebuilds Bob did for me, He showed me every part from teardown thru assembly. Very honest and refused to use any part that was questionable. He has a full marine engine business and his clean room is large and impressive. I got to see one of these run on the dyno and the carb be fine tuned to the engine. The motors are fully dressed, ready to install. The price was $15,000 and it's the same that they are forsale at now. These have not been installed and where dyno'd around Sept of last year. If I was in the market, I would trust these motors!

I talked to blown today, on the phone and shared this same info with him.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:51 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

If I recall Thunder Bob was the owner of Thunder Boats back till 1993 or around those years -- he was located in ILL or Michigan area. He sold Thunder Boats to Pat who in turn is Active Thunder if I recall all of this correctly.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:14 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thunderboat Bob is Bob Oetringer. So, to the op- you've spoken to Bob O. and he recalls the builds and the parts and dynoing last Sept.etc?

Last edited by bck; 03-06-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:09 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

I don't get it.

777Offshore you are saying you and this other guy both had 2 motors for each of you built, neither never used them, and put them up for sale ?
Old 03-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I did reach 777offshore by phone today to get some more background info and he was very helpful. He also clarified the history which i had misunderstood (777offshore didnt buy and sell the motors to Gene, he just connected him with Bob). Gene had previously told me this but i got mixed up about it.

Originally Posted by 777offshore
Guys, I know most of you don't know me well unless you were racing offshore in the mid 90's - early 2000's. I use Bob at Thunder Boats to do my engine work, he has rebuilt a full set almost identical to these for me. When he was doing mine, he showed me this set of motors and the dyno sheets. He is an old offshore racer and engine builder from the 80's and 90's. I referred these motors to Genob when he called trying to buy my motors but they where already under contract with an OSO member in Michigan. I was very impressed by the rebuilds Bob did for me, He showed me every part from teardown thru assembly. Very honest and refused to use any part that was questionable. He has a full marine engine business and his clean room is large and impressive. I got to see one of these run on the dyno and the carb be fine tuned to the engine. The motors are fully dressed, ready to install. The price was $15,000 and it's the same that they are forsale at now. These have not been installed and where dyno'd around Sept of last year. If I was in the market, I would trust these motors!

I talked to blown today, on the phone and shared this same info with him.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes i had spoken to Bob previously and he verified building these motors. Unfortunately Gene lost or never took the dyno sheets with him after purchasing them, but speaking to 777 gave me more security about it as an independent 3rd party. Im still debating whether i want to spend the additional 1600 to get them re-dynoed but either way will try to close this deal now immediately.

Originally Posted by bck
Thunderboat Bob is Bob Oetringer. So, to the op- you've spoken to Bob O. and he recalls the builds and the parts and dynoing last Sept.etc?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.