Oil temp locations...??

Notices

Oil temp locations...??

Old 04-14-2017, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Is
I don`t get it , your Caddy shows a lower voltage at rest then it does when the alternator is running!? Wow thats crazy , more voltage when the alternator is running??! i`d contact GM , tell em your alternator is charging your battery and making more voltage, sounds like a recall issue.
Maybe need Ricky Ricardo to esplain
No, this is the heads up display like your vette. My previous post was all with the motor running, nothing was at rest with the motor OFF.

Prior to start, have no idea, never looked. Last month was checking things and put my meter on the battery and found 12.1V so had the battery replaced. Then was checking the heads up and noticed the 12.6V and wondered if the ALT had an issue. I'm use to seeing around 14V when the car is running all the time, unless there is some kind of heavy load. So I put the heads up on the BAT, stated the car and noted the voltage increase to 14.5V. After a short time it dropped down to 12.6 or 7V (don't remember).
Old 04-14-2017, 05:13 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

BTW: Hate to tell you this...no I don't..lol.....person I know became very wealthy (to me) a few yrs before normal retirement age. Was average income just before. How did he do it ? Invented an additive to put in soda's (won't tell you which one's bought it) to make it stale / flat tasting after a certain amt of time unopened. Believe it or not.

When I see him I call him fuker...and he just laughs. I like my soda.

It's more of a technological world we live in...you don't know what you don't know...until you find out first hand for the most part.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:15 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Maybe need Ricky Ricardo to esplain
No, this is the heads up display like your vette. My previous post was all with the motor running, nothing was at rest with the motor OFF.

Prior to start, have no idea, never looked. Last month was checking things and put my meter on the battery and found 12.1V so had the battery replaced. Then was checking the heads up and noticed the 12.6V and wondered if the ALT had an issue. I'm use to seeing around 14V when the car is running all the time, unless there is some kind of heavy load. So I put the heads up on the BAT, stated the car and noted the voltage increase to 14.5V. After a short time it dropped down to 12.6 or 7V (don't remember).
Does your Caddy have an alternator with a clutch ? Many vehicles have these now. That could explain it.

Edit in: Guess not. It's a mechanical one way that decouples during belt quick deceleration.

Last edited by SB; 04-14-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Does your Caddy have an alternator with a clutch ? Many vehicles have these now. That could explain it.
Don't know, never thought of looking for something like that, its a 2012 SRX (actually the wife's car, mines a diesel pickup).
Old 04-15-2017, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Most likely computer controlled voltage regulator. Cranks to 14 to recharge after starting, then holds system at 12.7.