Livorsi shipping charges... >

Livorsi shipping charges...

Notices

Livorsi shipping charges...

Old 07-10-2017, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Tractionless
Haven't seen it mentioned; it seems to me the customer making a purchase for "under minimum total price for free shipping" seen offered on many sites are eating the the shipping costs for those satisfying the requirement.
CP Perf doesn't have that option, and it's enough that I'll shop at Summit instead when possible. When you pay over a hundred on a few fittings that come in an envelope and get charged another $26 it's just annoying. Otherwise I've always had a great experience with them.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a small internet marine business and have to ship my products also. I hate shipping, only because the rates for all of the carriers are outrageous. I use USPS most times and have used their calculator to estimate my shipping costs. However, my website will either underestimate, and more often than not, overestimate the shipping costs. Going to different parts of the country the costs vary greatly (and don't even mention Canada - almost twice as expensive for them plus you have to fill out the dang customs forms). It may just be my website provider and their setup, but I have stopped using the postage calculator in it because I got tired of losing money for postage. I had to tack on $$$'s to my shipping to make sure the cost was covered. The last package I mailed the website charged the customer $35. When I mailed it, the package shipped for $12. I, like most of you, hate to get overcharged for shipping, so I returned $23 to the customer because it was the right thing to do.

A few years ago, I bought a demco master cylinder gasket from a company in Arizona (only place it was available) for $4.95. This was a fairly small cork gasket and the guy told me shipping via UPS would be $15+. I told him that was a crock and he agreed, but that is who they use. Finally, I begged him to just put it in a plain white envelope, charge me an extra $1 for two stamps and mail it to me. Luckily, he was nice enough to do that for me. However, that is never the norm.

Anyway, not trying to defend anyone here, but it is a royal PITA to ship items to different parts of the country and try to keep the shipping rates reasonable.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Ir costs me more to ship in state or 1 state away than to CA. I.m in the NE.

All depends on what it costs UPS.I guess.

Anyway, reason I asked is UPS had gone sky high past yr or two. What was $8 -$12 is now $15-$20 and my customers have accused me of price gouging for shipping. Has forced me to use USPS, which luckily is fast shipping. 2-3 days.

UPS suks the big hard one. I think they are charging the smaller places much more now to help offset a little from the crazy low deals they've made with the giants like Amazon and the likes.
or better yet.. send it freight collect so the buyer has to pay the shipper, shipping direct... that way he can't accuse you of ripping him off as the shipper is billing it, not you... just a thought
Old 07-11-2017, 01:13 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Freight collect is more money.

USPS has fixed all the issues UPS has. Acceptable shipping prices and much, much faster. I can send something to CA (I'm on east coast) on Friday and they get it Monday. USPS works, and thus counts Saturday, UPS doesn't. So, 2 days vs 6 or so for less.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Freight collect is more money.

USPS has fixed all the issues UPS has. Acceptable shipping prices and much, much faster. I can send something to CA (I'm on east coast) on Friday and they get it Monday. USPS works, and thus counts Saturday, UPS doesn't. So, 2 days vs 6 or so for less.
Exactly. I just shipped some risers to CA on Friday via FedEx and they sat right there in the satellite store until Monday (yesterday) before they were loaded and actually shipped. USPS is usually less money and much faster, as stated above. I should have bit the bullet and shipped them USPS, even though it happened to be more money this time, but they would've had them on Monday. That's what I get for taking the cheap route this time. With USPS I send everything Priority Mail and is delivered 2 days to most places and 3 days max to any other location in US.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,044 Likes on 1,356 Posts

I was sending some parts to Webster Industries in Cali, and the owner said use my UPS account # so I went to a satellite UPS store and they told me and I quote::
( We're not connected to the main USP ) WTF............so I couldn't use the account #.............It's always something