Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Air Fuel Ratio Meter

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    94 Formula 27PC, 95 232 Rinker 454

Air Fuel Ratio Meter

Installed an oil temp gauge and started thinking about installing a AFR to keep track on motor health. Most O2 sensors are installed and removed, then noticed the dual gauge on another's boat here. Thinking it's not necessary for the average 500 hp motor, but just asking for opinions.

Bungs are installed so hooking one up will be easy enough. Still working on things but plan to redesign the helm. Plan is to get rid of the speedometer and using the Chart plotter for speed and other things.

Platinum Member Platinum Member getrdunn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    12 meter
    Is your question regarding having a bung on each bank to monitor AFR's. I might have misunderstood but I'm all about monitoring AFR's and permanent mounted gauge/gauges. One per engine.
    Cross threading is much better than loctite.

Platinum Member Platinum Member getrdunn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    12 meter
    You can always run one temporarily and tune on cooler day and call it good also. Check it from time to time to confirm your content. To many gauges can get you in trouble also. Meaning safety reasons.
    Cross threading is much better than loctite.

My Boats:
    The motors were tuned once right after install. The bungs are in place currently, so the question is, would it be good idea to permanently install dual AFR's to monitor the motor?

Noticed the one on ICDEDPPL helm on his Cig

Gold Member Gold Member Full Force's Avatar
    My Boats:
    85 Cigarette Mistress
    I run them full time also, one on each engine, same system Dan has (ICDEDPPL) nice to know things are good

My Boats:
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Force View Post
    I run them full time also, one on each engine, same system Dan has (ICDEDPPL) nice to know things are good
    Would you recommend a certain model?
    Like the 2-1/8 gauges and innovation has one which has twin meters in one, also appears fast has one.

Platinum Member Platinum Member ICDEDPPL's Avatar
    My Boats:
    38 Flatdeck
    I also ran them full time on my 33 OL , with just a pair of 502`s .. I like monitoring all kinds of stuff.

You`ll find most of the units have harnesses that are too short. (for automotive applications) What I like about my current FAST unit is the option for longer harness and 2 readings in one unit.

AllDodge likes this.
    Not making any power with an off the shelf cam.

Gold Member Gold Member Full Force's Avatar
    My Boats:
    85 Cigarette Mistress
    Same reason I I have the FAST one, its also big and easily seen..

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post

You`ll find most of the units have harnesses that are too short. (for automotive applications) What I like about my current FAST unit is the option for longer harness and 2 readings in one unit.

ICDEDPPL likes this.

Registered
    My Boats:
    Checkmate 251 Convincor(sold),Checkmate 253 Convincor(sold), 50 gibson, 21 Eliminator Daytona, 25 Sportcraft Center Console
    its a nice idea to run all the time, but so many setups its hard to keep from killing the 02 @150ea, so many just tune and remove..

Registered
    on the fast system does anybody know if the only difference between the dyno version and the gasoline version is the length of the o2 sensor wires?(22' on the dyno version 12' on the gasoline version)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast