New exhaust Christmas in April

Notices

New exhaust Christmas in April

Old 07-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by GNJ
What cam do you have and how long are your tails before the water enters the pipe?
Comps version of the 525 efi cam
inboard tail pipes are 6" to where the water mixes then there is a 90 and approx 47" of 4" tubing running to 6" side outlet
Outboard tailpipes are custom built 90's about 8" long to water mix, then 12" of 4" tubing to 6" outlet.

I had 3- small dams welded (12,5,7) into the spaces between the inner and outer tailpipes to help direct the water away from the inner pipe. I also extended the inner pipe 1" on the outboard 90 tailpipes.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:54 PM
GNJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The waters dams Im sure helped with your set up. I have twin HP500EFI's with 525 cams and recently tried those header/manifolds on my Hustler. I only had 8" of tail pipe infront of the transom before the water dumped into the exhaust stream. I had reversion really bad and had to change to another set up. #7 & #8 cylinder exhaust do not have much of a drop and my cams sucked alot of water back into the motors.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Posted fly by

so this is how it sounds with these headers, based on my speed and time to come into frame I was 1/4-1/3 mile away when my daughter started recording.

https://youtu.be/u5JcAOsrT_M