Milkshake on rebuilt engine >

Milkshake on rebuilt engine

Notices

Milkshake on rebuilt engine

Old 06-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cabin fever
ive suspected intake gaskets all along. I know it has new promaxx heads and block is gen 4 bow tie block.
I have seen someone install the wrong head gaskets on a gen 4 block and have the same issue. verify that the correct part number was used.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Registered

Compression test results135-145 on cylinders 2-4-6-8-1-3-7 cold motor obviously.

#5 was 180. Turned motor over without the gauge and it shot water out.

quit for the night.

Hes pretty confident its not a casting issue. Im still thinking intake gasket failed but i guess we'll see, its gotta come off either way.

Last edited by cabin fever; 06-07-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:18 AM
Registered

dropping motor back off on monday.

Will update again will i hear more info. Last year i got to boat till 4th of july. This year i made it to memorial day. If my wife had her way this thing would ne sold and id be riding in a pontoon. i think this boat hates me.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cabin fever
This makes me sick to my stomach.
That happened to me once on an old motor, the intake passage rotted through and dumped water in
Old 06-09-2017, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it had water in a cylinder, don't think its the intake gaskets, head gasket, head or splint cylinder wall..
Old 06-09-2017, 05:53 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

I agree about not being intake gaskets since #5 cylinder was the one with water in it.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Registered

Hes gonna run a leak down test and go from there. Even if its just a gasket he Said he would also pull the pan off and check everything. Will run it on his stand once he fixes everything. The block was checked for cracks last summer before the rebuild. My old heads had a crack so thats why i bought new. Hes stepping up and taking care of it, apologized for it happening on my vacation. Chit happens i get it.

At this point i really dont care. I just want to get some boating in. Like was mentioned earlier its probably better to ensure it gets cleaned this way. Ill have a few nights just cleaning the bilge, oil lines etc. i have the motor just about ready to be pulled should finish up tonight. Saturday its suppossed to be 100 degrees here and my wife and i are doing a beer run (3 miles 18 obstacles with beer at each one) if i dont die and stay sober (doubtful��) Ill take the boat to a buddies warehouse and use his forklift to hoist it out. Most likely will be sunday morning.

ill report back next week when i hear something. Thank you for all the replies and a special thanks to derekandkathy for taking the time to email me with help. I really appreciate the knowledge you guys have.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like builder is doing the right thing. I hope you are back on the water shortly. Best of luck.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a bad head OR a bad exhaust manifold
Old 06-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Registered

Stainless marine manifolds and long tails were dry as a bone. Also the exhaust ports in the head showed no signs of moisture and this motor has ALOT of water in it.

While they are off i wouldnt mind having them checked just to rule it out. Can i pressure test them myself some how?

also the oil cooler. I dont think either of these is the problem but i dont wanna do this a 3rd time

Last edited by cabin fever; 06-10-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.