Mesa Balancing Racing Engines Our cylinder heads From the Inside Out >

Mesa Balancing Racing Engines Our cylinder heads From the Inside Out

Notices

Mesa Balancing Racing Engines Our cylinder heads From the Inside Out

Old 08-18-2017, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mesa Balancing Racing Engines Our cylinder heads From the Inside Out

We start every engine package the same way weather we use parts from one manufacturer or another . In this case we're working on three of our MB1100csc engines . We receive the new castings and first thing we do is pressure test them and I know most people think they're new and the answer is yes but it's easier to fix that here then to dyno the engines or worst yet, (send the engines to the customer and he have to ask on a post on OSO why there's water in the oil or in the cylinder heads like so many have had to). We use bare castings for two reasons 1 we want to use the best quality components available when you buy assembled cylinder heads many times you don't buy the best quality valve or spring or they may not be adequate for the rest of the assembly. 2 We want to have our hands on every aspect of the component we want the chambers to have a certain shape , volume and finish. Here are a couple of pics of how they come in and as we work I'll show them in each machine after they are ported and sent to hard anodizing.[img] I hope you guys enjoy.
[/img][img]
[/img][img]
[/img]
Old 08-18-2017, 04:30 PM
Registered

Sorry almost forgot we also had the valve covers come in and got them prepped and breather tubes welded in place sent them off to powder coat today along with the timing covers[img]
[/img][img]
[/img]
Old 08-18-2017, 04:44 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks for posting - I seen your other post that you are going to start posting info up here on OSO. Thank you for your time and doing so. I will be following along.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess you spend more than a half hour on each head? That would also be talented, expensive time lost if a casting failed pressure test after all the port and valve work...
Old 08-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
I guess you spend more than a half hour on each head? That would also be talented, expensive time lost if a casting failed pressure test after all the port and valve work...
You know sometimes its not a casting flaw there's things that happen also when they're machined I'll tell you something common when the seat rings are installed sometimes they'll leak between the two seats and we've actually found that several times on heads that were CNCed when we tested the valves for sealing and seat concentricity . To be honest I don't even care if the heads are bad at this point because they are simple to replace at this point what we strive for is to eliminate the problem or the failure to the customer. For years I've seen so many questions and issues with this type of problem this way guys here can also ask their engine builders for this as well. Thanks for your reply Sincerely Laz
Old 08-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Glad to see you back Laz.

I've seen alot of guys here have issues when buying "ready to run" cylinder heads, and just bolting them on.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Glad to see you back Laz.

I've seen alot of guys here have issues when buying "ready to run" cylinder heads, and just bolting them on.
Thank you very much
Old 08-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Registered

Ok we got the valve covers and timing covers back from powder coat on Saturday and cam in today and engraved everything as well as made some exhaust port covers for transport and delivery of engines .

Last edited by MESABALANCING; 08-22-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:49 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

oops double post on my end
Old 08-21-2017, 05:50 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Well Laz. looks like Photofukit screwed your acct too. Just as a heads up, they are now a pay for sight....and steep at that....if you had old pic's up on this site from there, they are all gone. We've lost many good threads over this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.