575 sci rebuild >

575 sci rebuild

Notices

575 sci rebuild

Old 08-27-2017, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 575 sci rebuild

I have a 575 sci in my conquest deck boat. Apparently last time I went out I cracked the head. I have almost 500 hours on her. Just wanting some suggestions on rebuild
Old 08-28-2017, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Any mods to the motor or is it all stock?

I would bump the compression up around 8.5:1, JE pistons are affordable and work well. The blower is undersized so if you want more power this is a better way to make it, rather than overdriving the blower even more. Send the blower to DMP and have it rebuilt and stripped, this will give you a little more boost without spinning blower faster. You will want to switch to a hydraulic roller cam, this will be a fun debate on here. Heads, aluminum or steel will work, a good exhaust port will be beneficial. I would personally use aluminum in fresh water application. Your rockers may or may not need replacement depending on the engine hours. The fuel injection/injectors are about obsolete, Eddie young has a retrofit kit to update it to modern injectors if you have the hatch clearance. If your injectors test good you can use them but they are only good for about 700hp. Your injection should be remapped even it is a stock rebuild, they are pig rich and washes the cylinders down. Eddie young can remap for you.

have fun!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I'd call Eddie Young.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im in the same spot, only have 150h on it tho so no bottom end work i hope. was going to do brodix heads or edlebrock as they seem to be the only ones with the exhaust port in the same location, a 8-71 and retire the little 256 and a nice hyd. roller cam.
JRider is the 700hp cap area with the stock fuel system or with the Aeromotive upgrades? Done a TON of reading on here and seen your name come up quite a bit on the 575 stuff
Old 08-28-2017, 09:46 AM
Registered

Yes, port location can be a problem unless you modify your tails or transom. An 871 or even a 671 is a huge upgrade from the 256, the injection bolts right on. The pulley adapter is available from teague and CP. Even without a chiller your intake temps are going to drop a lot. Had to modify the hard fuel line slightly for the added height of the 871/whipple chiller. If you were going Aeromotive you could upsize all the lines from the tank/s to the throttle bodies and ditch the fuel antisiphon checks. Even with an Aeromotive pump the injectors are going to limiting factor. The fuel injection on these really is not a big upgrade from a dual carb setup, I am still considering that, my motor is built but hasnt been fired. I did send my Tbodies out for modification and the flow was improved quite a bit and also hogged out the Tbody adapter. If you dont want to hassle with the aeromotive, you can buy and adjustable fuel pressure regulator from CP for cool fuel type system. I also think a bigger oil pan is a good idea.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:07 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Any mods to the motor or is it all stock?

The fuel injection/injectors are about obsolete, Eddie young has a retrofit kit to update it to modern injectors if you have the hatch clearance. If your injectors test good you can use them but they are only good for about 700hp. Your injection should be remapped even it is a stock rebuild, they are pig rich and washes the cylinders down. Eddie young can remap for you.

have fun!
Just a heads up. Our replacement injection system only adds .200".....less than 1/4". The increase in height is just so that we can fit the injectors in the side of the plate. Thank you for the referrals everyone.
Eddie
Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Registered

my 575 has a intercooler and that's pretty much what I know about the motor. I'm pretty sure the rest of the motoris stock.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:16 AM
Registered

After rereading your post, what makes you think you have a cracked head? Blown headgaskets are common on the 575, especially with added boost, I would assume that the pulley has been changed with addition of the innercooler. Stock is 4" so it is easy to figure out.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:38 AM
Registered

this is what I'm being told by my mechanic.