Boat speaker placement

Notices

Boat speaker placement

Old 08-28-2017, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat speaker placement

Hello im a newbie to this forum,

I just bought a 312 chris craft stinger. I have two 6x9s under the rear seat and 2 6.5 rounds in the cabin. Any ideas on adding two more 6.5s next to driver and passenger seat? Or any photos for ideas on where you guys have speakers mounted?

Thanks
Old 08-28-2017, 10:38 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

For the most part you can mount speakers anywhere you want to...just make sure there is room behind the area you are thinking about to clear the magnet and make sure there's nothing critical back there. Just keep in mind where peoples feet may be and where coolers or anything else bouncing around the cabin may impact the speaker when placing them....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-28-2017, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

The higher they are, the more they can be heard. i have a pair of 6x9's & 6.5's low in cockpit. they were factory locations that i just put new speakers in when adding my 8 additional speakers higher up in gunwale. you cant even hear the original 4 speakers now.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Higher up the better for sure, but also un-obstructed is more important then height If using components instead of co-axials, there will be a recommended distance from woofer to tweeter (usually max's out at about 8") where the crossovers are designed to operate. Too many mount the woofers low and tweeters high and get poor results.