Hatch Scoop ? >

Hatch Scoop ?

Notices

Hatch Scoop ?

Old 09-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch Scoop ?

Redoing interior this winter of the boat and while the hatch is off I am thinking about adding a hatch scoop as the new motor could benefit from more air if possible by adding a scoop over the air cleaner/4150 style throttle body. Any suggestions on on a low profile scoop? Was thinking about doing so but facing opening toward rear of boat to keep noise down some so I don't hear it from the wife and still getting some benefit from cleaner air over the throttle body. Water ingestion is not a concern or issue where I boat and boat is vented significantly as far as "fume vents" go. Did not know if it would be worth doing if it changed the under hatch pressure and kept air scavenged away from the intake? Boat is a 230lx Stingray with 600hp small block/built up bravo 1. From the factory had a 350 mag.