what could this 454 be worth >

what could this 454 be worth

Notices

what could this 454 be worth

Old 06-27-2019, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default what could this 454 be worth

im not really up on somewhat stock engines so I thought id see what others have seen for sale.heres what I know,gen iv short block,was told the 365hp mercrusier motor,dart heads with roller rockers,not sure on the size of the heads,and a 250 blower with carbs.suppose to be fairly fresh but you can never believe everything you hear.was told it made 550ish hp and 600ish lbs of torque.its looks ok but haven't seen it in person yet....whats everyone think roughly its worth?....no accessories
Old 06-27-2019, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

unless you can pull a valve cover and verify the head castings, pull a main bearing and rod bearing, Id walk. 550ish hp and 600 ish torque?????? according to who? seat of pants dyno????? I dont even think Mercruiser made a 365 HP motor. you could be buying someone elses POS that they slapped a blower on and think its gold. There are three kinds of people with boat engines for sale. Those that have enough money to have someone build it and they usually have all the receipts to prove it. Those that build it themselves and have a story to tell you with receipts and those that are trying to offload their pile of $hit to the next sucker.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Pretty sure the 454 Mag carb was rated at 365hp. Does he have a dyno sheet?
Old 06-27-2019, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

yes they have a dyno sheet,this was bought in a boat and was pulled out and everything is being sold separately.i know how easy s*** can be sold wrapped in gold.all im asking is if its not junk whats it worth?