procharger and thermostats >

procharger and thermostats

Notices

procharger and thermostats

Old 11-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default procharger and thermostats

Has any one tried running a thermostat with prochargers. Called procharger and was given the story that they needed the extra flow.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

I originally ran mine with the thermostat, with three holes drilled in it,now I run without it. Only difference I noticed was about 20 degrees cooler running temperature. Stage one 5 lbs. boost 454 Mag EFI
Old 11-24-2002, 06:17 PM
Registered

Thanks LIMNATR
i am running 3sc with fuel injection i could use another 20 degress. Long WOT i only get 120 to 130 so that is good news
Old 11-24-2002, 09:44 PM
Registered

Guiullermof aren't you one of the board members who is setting up fuel injection with your procharger, I am interested in doing the same thing with my Procharger setup. How is the tuning curve on your setup, problems, pitfalls?
Thanks

John
Old 11-25-2002, 08:41 AM
Registered

Pantera24-650HP

i do not know what the chain is so i guess that is not were a run.
lake cumberland is were i run in a 419 formula triple 750's

willie

jspeeddemon

Running Holley fuel injection with 3sc procharched 502, 5 pounds boost made fantastic torque, great response very reliable. Shut them down at 783hp at 5300rpm looked like could easily go for 900hp 6500rpm. Extremely well mannered at all rpm’s idle at 750rpm. If you are interested will work with you on the fuel injection setup.

wilie
Old 11-25-2002, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

With our 540MPI, I'm planning on running a 120' with six 3/16 holes in it (and also a bypass setup). I'm setting up a FAST ECU with a M3 ProCharger and boat in water that is very cold in the spring time. I want to be able to utilize all the good properties of the programmable ECM.
I believe this is what Whipple runs on thier EFI setups when needed as well.
Just a side note, Vortech is setting up thier units using the stock recirculating pumps with great success. I'm also going to explore this when I start bolting things up.
I think Merc even uses the stock pumps on some of thier blower motors without intercoolers.
Dave
Old 11-25-2002, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remember, colder intake charge (no thermostat) is free horsepower....... I would run the thermostat only in really cold water. Or maybe an oil thermostat would be a better solution to get heat in the engine without loosing the cool air charge? The other solution would be seperate water intakes for the intercooler & leave the pump for the engine only. I assume you wanted the heat for the ECM to work better??
Old 11-25-2002, 11:26 AM
Registered

already ahead of you. water for intercooler comes out before engine water, infact looking at moving intercooler water before oil coolers but for the time being already have plenty of power at 85+ on a 419 formula. on rev. limiters need new props.
for a famalie boat with 5 kids plenty fast
Old 11-25-2002, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As always, questions lead to more questions and ideas…
As of right now I’m planning on running an offshore thru transom pickup to feed only the motor and then I’m going to use the stock outdrive pickup to feed the intercooler. I can use the intercooler fitting on the crossover for a bypass hose.
I believe Kanookstr has this setup (with a few other tricks) dialed in and proofed out.
I’ll probably only run the thermostat in the spring or at least until the water gets over 50 degrees ;o)
Later,
Dave
Old 11-25-2002, 02:14 PM
bobby daniels

YOU GOT BE CAREFUL HOT OIL AND COLD BLOCKS CAN SOMETIMES BE REAL BAD !!!!!!!

Quick Reply: procharger and thermostats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.