Bravo I Prop ?? >

Bravo I Prop ??

Notices

Bravo I Prop ??

Old 12-03-2002, 01:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bravo I Prop ??

I am looking for some help with my props. I have a 2001 Donzi 38ZX with HP500EFI. When I tested the boat it ran 75MPH on GPS at 4900 RPM WOT. The props are Bravo I 4 blade 28P, they are not labbed, drives are 1.5 Bravo One XZ. Mercury Racing said they could lab the props and I should pick up 300 RPM of course no guarantees. They also said optimum RPM at WOT would be 5300. Anyone see similar results from labbing props and what effect on cruise speed and top speed. Any info on prop shops other than Mercury and what I should expect to pay? Also any info on turning these in or out? Thanks for the help.

Steve
Old 12-03-2002, 02:24 AM
Registered

Smile labbing props

sometimes I see a huge difference in speed changes and other times very little or none, but accleration has always been reported better,sometimes it takes more than once to get the prop or props where they need to be .with my shop I will do what it takes to get it there or will work something out where you will be happy no matter what. ask and look around.the fee to lab the 4 bld normaly at my shop is 300.00 plus 12.50 shipping back /right now we are running a special to lab a four bld for 175.00 if I can help out in any other way please post or e-mail me your phone and the best time for me to call you.let me know. teambajamarine prop host
Old 12-03-2002, 04:07 PM
Registered

i may know a few that has some seat time in one of them there donzi boats....your in IN so when you actually have water and can test let me know i'll hook ya up with the right people.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:13 PM
Registered

Default Audacity

Audacity,
Thanks for the offer. Now can you do anything about all this *&%$^$#! ice. Spring seems so far away.

Steve
Old 12-03-2002, 04:19 PM
Registered

yeah!!!...it's called key west brother!!!i think you should head down with all of us! 20th-5th or something like that...actually when we're not down in FL testing....i go WAY north and ice climb...so our location is not all bad
Old 12-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Registered

Unfortunately I can't get the time away. Would it make sense to have the props looked at in the offseason?

Steve
Old 12-03-2002, 10:12 PM
Registered

Talking NOW'S THE TIME

Originally posted by Donzi38ZX
Unfortunately I can't get the time away. Would it make sense to have the props looked at in the offseason?

Steve
HELP ME!!!!! HELP YOU/ I have lowered the prices to stay busy thru the winter months and that we are,but the work is backed up in june /july or whatever/thanks DARIN:KEYWEST
Old 12-03-2002, 11:44 PM
Registered

Darin,
The price looks great and I have read some good reviews of your work. I am just not certain if I should start with prop work or need more info. I just purchased this boat and the only numbers I have are from the sea trials when purchasing (2-3 hours). Have you finished props for this boat before? If so, what results did you see. The 38ZX is a heavy boat at 11,500 lbs dry.

Steve
Old 12-05-2002, 09:05 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Steve,
Knock the snow off and put it in the water.
It's cold enough to pick up 2 miles an hour.

You can call Jerry at Air Marine they are across from Midway air port. He is a Mercury Prop dealer. He also has demo props you can try.

Did they get it put on the trailer yet?

see ya Saturday

Mark
Old 12-05-2002, 11:39 AM
Registered

Default bravo props

no,I havent worked in bravos for this setup. look under tech/Q&A there is some discussion on bravo one props/ balance ect. but now is the time and nothing else they need balanced /I will alway's make any changes for you in the summer if needed at no cost to you. its up to you though.thanks DARIN M

Quick Reply: Bravo I Prop ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.