Dash Panel Material

Old 03-21-2024, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Dave,

Thanks for that. PM’d him.

Thanks. Brad.
1st time using it, but I "think" the way I tagged him here he gets a notification automatically?
Old 03-25-2024, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 795 Likes on 444 Posts

Guys,

Recommendations for the oil temp sender unit? I see LOTS of options on Amazon and such. Does it much matter?

Thanks. Brad.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 156 Posts

Be careful with the sending units. I just updated my gauges from the original Livorsi to new Autometers and 2 of the gauges weren't reading correctly. Found out the Autometers needed a specific sending unit for the range on the new gauges as they differed from the originals.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 87MirageIntruder
Be careful with the sending units. I just updated my gauges from the original Livorsi to new Autometers and 2 of the gauges weren't reading correctly. Found out the Autometers needed a specific sending unit for the range on the new gauges as they differed from the originals.
Mirage,

Yup. That's why I'm asking. Just want to get it right the first time.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:56 PM
Registered

Guys,

<Sheepish grin>.......

Speaking of getting it right the first time... Somehow, I got it in my head that I needed a Livorsi gauge. So, I ordered it, and waited. It was shipped today. Opening the box, it immediately didn't look right. So, I crawled up into the boat. The dash cluster is still hanging loose in the dash cavity, so I grabbed one and held it up to the new gage to confirm. Yup. I needed a GAFFRIG.....

New, CORRECT gauge is on order. Hopefully, I will be able to return this Livorsi. If not, it will make its way over to the SwapShop. At the end of the day, I ain't out that much if they won't let me return it and I can't get it sold.

Otherwise....

Project is moving along nicely. I have the new dash panel drawn and had a clear acrylic template laser cut to verify placement of gauges. After a slight adjustment to gauge positioning, I fired off a PO to the sheet metal shop to laser cut one from .080" aluminum.

I've also made a new bezel for the trim tab indicator and had it powder coated. The color couldn't have been a better match.

Thanks. Brad.

Last edited by Brad Christy; 03-31-2024 at 08:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
87MirageIntruder (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 510 Likes on 203 Posts

Lavorsi has a 15% restocking fee. Plus you're out the shipping.. If you talk with them they may forgo the restocking fee.
Old 03-29-2024, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AmiableDave
Lavorsi has a 15% restocking fee. Plus you're out the shipping.. If you talk with them they may forgo the restocking fee.
Dave,

I'd be good with that.

I bought it from Custom Built Motorsports. I've already reached out to them and they are contacting Livorsi to see if they will allow a return. Apparently, Livorsis are "built to order", so are considered "custom", at least to a degree. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:43 PM
Registered

Guys,

Keeping ahead of things…..

I’m gonna change the oil during this process, since I have to remove the oil filter mount for modification for the sender. I ordered AmsOil 20W50, but, having the 5+qt Jug in my head, I ordered two 1gal jugs, which is obviously only 8qts, and I need 9. Has anybody ever used Lucas oil treatment (or equivalent)? It’s prescribed to substitute one qt with it, so that would make up the difference. Or am I ordering another gallon jug? Were there any benefits or detriments to using these oil treatments in a marine application?

Also, is there any reason to obediently use the Merc filter? Are there better alternatives?

Thanks. Brad.

Last edited by Brad Christy; 03-31-2024 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-31-2024, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 510 Likes on 203 Posts

Why the 20w50? You spent all that money already. Buy the extra qt.
Old 03-31-2024, 05:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 628 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Guys,

Keeping ahead of things…..

Also, is there any reason to obediently use the Merc filter? Are there better alternatives?

Thanks. Brad.
For the past several years I've been using the K&N HP-3002 filter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.