Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
World Class Marine Hydraulic Steering? >

World Class Marine Hydraulic Steering?

Notices

World Class Marine Hydraulic Steering?

Old 12-16-2002, 03:09 PM
liquid lounge

Question World Class Marine Hydraulic Steering?

Anyone familiar with this company? I'm intrested in their external steering setup because the rams mount tight to the gimbal housing [7.75" from housing] This system is shown in this months Hotboat magazine and looks like a pretty clean design. I've just never heard of this company. The only other steering set up like it that I'm aware of is the Mayfair, and it is more money, but I'm sure it's probably a great product if it's part of Eickert. Thanks in advance. Please post as Kaama has requested more reading material.

Old 12-16-2002, 04:09 PM
sheikman1

Hey Liquid,
I saw that article in HOT BOAT also. I called the company and spoke with the owner. He said he guarantee's them for life and the price was $2300.00 for a dual set up. I am considering purchasing. Let me know, maybe we can hook up with a better price.

Sheikman

Old 12-16-2002, 04:35 PM
liquid lounge

A guy named Paul quoted me $2832 for the full hydraulic setup,and this included the hoses from the helm...pretty reasonable. The same in the Mayfair was $3300 without the hoses. Mayfair quoted the hose at $4.50/ft. The Mayfair system bolts the rams right next to the gimble housing, which is nice, but the 7.75" on the World Class is close and will work for me. Price is important, but when you're laying out that kind of cash, I want somthing that will fit my needs. Paul also mentioned that they supply some items to Hallet among others. I can't see Hallet using anything below par.

Old 12-16-2002, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a website for this guy?
Old 12-16-2002, 08:35 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Paul Everett is the person you need to contact. The # is 419-621-7771. He is located in Sandusky, Oh. We both boat in the same area and have a lot of mutual friends. When I added my hydraulic helm and tied it all into my existing external system I bought all the parts and got all my advise from Paul. He even came over to my friends shop rolled up his shirt sleeves (white) and put the fittings on all my lines. I can also say that his rams and assemblies put the brand X on my boat to shame. They also have the hoses run through the mounts (less holes and a cleaner look).
You will end up with better equipment fo the same or less money.

Good luck, Scott
Old 12-17-2002, 02:56 PM
bobby daniels

CALL TOM OR TOMMY AT WPM FOR SOME GREAT STEERING THEY REALLY MAKE NICE STUFF IN HOUSE AND HAVE FOR 10 TO 12 YEARS ,,,ALONG TRACK RECORD !!!!!!!!

THEIR NUMBER IS 909-371-8247 ,THEIR STUFF IS VERY STRONG AND TIE BAR GOES AT TOP AN THIS IS A BIG PLUS ,,PLEASE GIVE THEM A CALL AS THEY ARE ONE OF THE OLDEST AROUND ,,,
THEY ALSO HAVE WHAT I THINK ARE THE BEST NOSE CONES

Last edited by bobby daniels; 12-18-2002 at 12:24 PM.

Old 12-18-2002, 08:17 AM
1_bigdogg

You can also try the guys at Marine Machine. #1.800.426.boat They will usually get close or beat the competition. Their stuff is standard issue on Skater, Cigarette, etc... I know they don't use end caps, so sometimes their stuff may seem pricey but you get what you pay for. They've been around alot longer than anyone mentioned so far. Can't hurt to get everyone quoting you.

Old 12-18-2002, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, the Marine Machine does not use end caps.....but that is a PLUS!! They provide a massive but beautiful polished stainless 316L (the best) bracket that bolts to 4 of the 6 bravo mounting bolts. Much stronger than the end cap units. And as a result the tie bar connects to the top of the drives not the bottom!
Old 12-18-2002, 12:22 PM
liquid lounge

I wasn't aware that WPM and Marine Machine offered their external steering with that configuration...is it a new offering? Are ther any drawbacks to this style i.e.: rams mounted next to the gimbal housing? Thanks in advance

Old 12-18-2002, 12:30 PM
bobby daniels

Thumbs up

NOPE IN MY EXPERANCE WITH WPM THEIR RAMS ARE SECOND TO NONE AND STEERING IS VERY TOUGH !!I CAN'T THINK OF ANY PROBLEMS IN 12 YEARS OF USING THEIR STUFF .

IT REALLY CONTROLS THE DRIVE TOURQUE

THEY ALSO HAVE KILLER NOSECONES THAT HAVE ALWAYS HELPED
ON 99% OF APP.
909-371-8247 ASK FOR TOMMY

Quick Reply: World Class Marine Hydraulic Steering?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.