Question for Brad Perry >

Question for Brad Perry

Notices

Question for Brad Perry

Old 01-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Brad Perry

Mr.Perry on 10-19-2001 you posted a question on water injection and was wondering I you ever did much follow up on the thought.Ever since my dad told me that some of the big bombers used it for there short field takeoffs it has held a small space somewhere in what little mind I have left.What brings it up again is I saw a ad for a toy gun that shoots a cloud of vaporized water in the shape of a smoke ring.Till now the only outher vaporizer I have seen that comes close to this is one that takes 110 volts so was just wondering your thoughts or anyone who wants to post.

Last edited by FloridianSon; 01-14-2003 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Registered

I remember water injection from the 60's. Never tried it. Although the theory made sense, I got the idea it was a lot of hoohy.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:06 AM
Brad Perry

No, I never took it any further. I really don't know why it is not utilized more. Whenever I ask a builder why not, the standard answer is, "we build it right so that isn't needed." That doesn't really answer the question, other than they choose not to do it. It is done all the time in the auto "rice rocket" world. If you do a search on the topic, there is no void for articles. It would be nice if someone progressive (like Dustin) would chime in on this. I know they wouldn't want to, from a production standpoint, but surely someone like this could highlight a major pitfall of this in the marine environment or positive dyno experiences. I would rather bottle feed my baby with alchohol/water rather than NOS in the marine environment (don't read too much into that).

Old 01-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Registered

Thanks for the come back guys. Was just wondering if they used to have a oil bath filter why not try a water bath filter instead of injecting water or vaporized water then just cool the air charge by drawing it through water like water pipe (bong) it allways seemed to cool down that charge Guess I need to find someone who has an old motor access to a dyno and is willing to put up with a dreamer who never inhailed.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Brad Perry

hehehehe

Old 01-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you will have a major meltdown when you hook the dyno up to a bong. The engine will probably choke and cough for several minutes. During these uncontrollable coughs the power output for the engine will increase exponentionaly and exceed the maximum torque input of the dyno melting the input section. The computer monitor of the dyno will have a glazed over look and the machine will produce less than reliable data for several hours.

Good luck, use caution, and post your results.

Ron

"Dave's not here man"