Scarab 377 Dash >

Scarab 377 Dash

Notices

Scarab 377 Dash

Old 01-14-2003, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarab 377 Dash

I am in the process of redoing the dash on my Scarab. I was wondering if anyone on here has redone one themselves?

I wanted monster (gaffrig) gauges, but I don't think they are going to work

So if any of you have had experience then let me know what sizes you went with on the Tachs and speedo and how many little gauges you used on the middle panel.

thanks
Old 01-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Registered

I built a dash for my 30' Scarab last winter. Fabricated it out of .090 alum. then powder coated white. Used gaffrigs with blue bezels. Going from memory, I used 2- 3 3/4" tachs, rest all 2 3/8". 2 - oil temp, 2- oil pressure, 2- water temp 2- volts, 1 fuel, 2- trim, 1 clock and 20 white rocker switches. Came out really nice. Designed it on autocad first. Don't have a digital pic handy to post, but if it would help, I could climb in the boat and get one. The wiring and debugging of the wiring was the biggest challenge. Works great now.

BT
Old 01-15-2003, 12:52 PM
Registered

Yep, I reworked the dash on a 377 a few yeas ago. Cut the whole thing out and reglassed to follow the same contour as the rest of the dash. Used a piece of aluminium (painted black) to mount all new guages.
It was very clean looking. I'll se if I can find a pic.
Gary
Old 01-16-2003, 12:35 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i haev a smaller scarab i am doign eth dash on. I made it out of plywood and am goign to fiberglass and paint it. The panel iss out of aluminum. Ilaid it out ion paper and broughtr it to laser cutter. I still ahev to powder coat it. Pain in eth ass but it will look VERY nice when its done.

get rid of eth 80's stlye plastic lookgin dash and guages.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 1982 flat deck KV. The monster guages wont fit. You have to use the 3 3/4 speedo, 3 3/8 tachs and the rest 2 3/8 guages. I have I think close to 20 gauges in my dash with bezels. It turned out great.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Registered

thanx everyone.
the gauges are the last thing i need done, otherwise the boat is looking brand new.............new enough looking to me anyway.

kaama82- that's the same year as my KV. would love to see a picture. and you have bezels around all the smaller gauges?
that's good to hear looks like i will finally go aheah and get the gauges ordered.

as far as the backround goes, a friend of mine if going to do it in plexi-glass and cut out tall the holes himself.

i will post pics when i complete this project because i think it will all turn out very well.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 943 Likes on 474 Posts

is this anything of what the 377's lower dash looks like?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Last edited by Wally; 12-28-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Registered

Nope!
Mine has no curves in it and has two rectangle that (on top) hold the tachs and speedo, which i plan on putting more in.
And the bottom one holds about 18 gauges.

thanks
Old 01-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Banned

If you do it in plexiglass, won't all the wiring behind it show? I was thinking the same thing. Now I'm thinking of plexiglass with prizm paper behind it.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:57 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

here is my new dash.

The panel still needs to be powder coated but you geteth idea. Also i am waiting on a new steering wheel i put my old smarmy one on so you can see how it will look.

The dash itself should look good too. Once i am done with the gassing and painting (I re-did it, again). I really actually do liek eth fountain dashe and I modled this on after a fountain dash but set it up how I like things to be organized. Also its has right hand throttles!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Scarab 377 Dash-dash.jpg  

Quick Reply: Scarab 377 Dash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.