Notices

Oil Lines?

Old 01-15-2003, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Lines?

OK, bigger oil cooler, permacool oil thermostat, now what do I do for plumbing. A couple of the stock hoses will work but where do I get those kind of hoses made? I am not using hose barbs and clamps as suggested in the thermostat instructions, nor do I really think hydraulic hose and AN connectors are required. Any ideas? What have the rest of you done?
Old 01-15-2003, 10:21 AM
Registered

I know that I've had napa make up hydroulic hoses and they do a good job. just in idea.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:57 AM
Registered

All last year I used some 5/8" gas hose with nipples and hose clamps. This year the setup changes so I am running all AN fittings.

Travis
Old 01-15-2003, 11:12 AM
Registered

Has anyone taken one of the stock fittings apart? What are they?
Old 01-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

A hose barb with a swedged on clamp. Simular to the hydraulic fittings, but rated for a lower pressure.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:39 PM
blown1500

Hello, Guys,
You might look a Aeroquip Pushlock hoses. You can use brass fittings, they "push" together, use no clamps, and will take 250psi.
Be sure to get Aeroquip assembly lube and a catalogue and READ AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!
I have used this a lot and they are bulletproof if done correctly and cheap when you use the brass fittings.
You might also try www.unlimitedspeed.com. They are good people and have very competitive prices.
Have a GREAT day!!!!

Old 01-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Registered

I seem to remember the original ones on some engines are inverted flair, big ones. Difficult to have those made up. I can check an old oil bypass tonight and see for sure.
I went to an aftermarket bypass, NPT to -10 JIC brass fittings. I then used JIC Push Loc fittings on Push Loc hose. Very nice/clean installation.
Gary
Old 01-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gary, where do you get the BRASS JIC fittings? I can only locate the cad plated steel. They work, just not as nice.
Anyway you look at it it's much cheaper than the Russell and Earl's stuff and does the same thing.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Registered

NordicHeat
I got everything trrough a local hydraulics place. Check you yellow pages under hydraulics. Even the push lock hose end fittings were brass.
BTW I think Push Lock is a brand name. There are other companies that make these types of fittings. I've got a catalog for one at home that my fittings came from, but I cant recall the name.
Gary
Old 01-15-2003, 06:47 PM
blown1500

Aeroquip makes brass fittings and Pushlock is their name for this type hose. Unlimitedspeed.com can help!!
I agree, they do make a clean, leakfree installation and MUCH cheaper than AN!!!

Quick Reply: Oil Lines?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.