Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
custom upholstery/tops/stereo/tv/dvd installer if you guys need questions answered >

custom upholstery/tops/stereo/tv/dvd installer if you guys need questions answered

Notices

custom upholstery/tops/stereo/tv/dvd installer if you guys need questions answered

Old 12-10-2003, 03:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom upholstery/tops/stereo/tv/dvd installer if you guys need questions answered

I have a shop here on vancouver island in canada doing custom upholstery,carpeting,tops,covers etc and am wondering if any of you guys are from areas around here are looking for any work to be done? or need ideas how to do custom things to your interiors. I would be glad to give advice on custom details and or items that you might want to incorporate into your boats such as (dont panic all of you true race fans, just a suggestion as some boat owners do like this stuff) mobile stereo amp racks, how to custom fiberglass/upholstery panels for speakers/moving wetbars/stereo and tv/dvd installs into headrests, leather/suede hull liners/seats, mirror installs , custom lighting and soundsystem , adding bungyweb storage inthe engine compartment, making covers/bags for all your loose stuff etc
anything and everything u can email me at

[email protected] or just ask me here> have a great day! ciao for now, Darren
Attached Thumbnails custom upholstery/tops/stereo/tv/dvd installer if you guys need questions answered-baja94-005.jpg  
Old 12-10-2003, 06:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

I need tips/instructions on headliner install, it seems noone around here wants to do the job.
If we were closer I'd bring it to you.
Thanks
Joe
Old 12-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Registered

Man, thats a great offer of help. I need tons of help with that kind of stuff, but it will be a while since I am full of engine stuff right now. Thanks. Tom
Old 12-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Registered

Default Hey Joe

let me know what kind of headliner you are going to put in ie: glued in fuzz, vinyl, or whether you want to put in covered panels. and I can talk you through it :>)
Old 12-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yea, I have one...

I'm looking at having a new hatch built for a 26' cat. How much should I allow for covering it? What should I look for in terms of foam, vinyl, etc?
Old 12-10-2003, 10:01 AM
Registered

Default HI Cord

depends on what kind of hatch are you meaning, engine hatch?deck hatch?access hatch? and whether you want soundproofing underneath the vinyl. let me know and we can go from there.
ciao
Old 12-10-2003, 10:10 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Darren, i'd love to maybe see a step by step process of making a custom fiberglass box or maybe some door panels.....the basics would help me in getting started!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-10-2003, 10:18 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Originally posted by Wally
Darren, i'd love to maybe see a step by step process of making a custom fiberglass box or maybe some door panels.....the basics would help me in getting started!
You are onto something there Wally. I'd love to buy the materials from somebody and make that hatch myself. A step by step pictorial of one being built would be cool.

Sound proofing...I hadn't even thought of that. I was thinking of having a engine hatch built out of aluminum. I think there should be some padding under the vinyl. The stock one had two different layers of foam. One layer was white and the other was purple. The purple layer seemed to be denser.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Registered

Default fiberglass 101 in session

after work today I will sit you guys down and give you a step by step

as for the insulation there are a couple of choices, dynamat/soundtheif or the marine engine soundproofing that works awesome but it is about 1" thick I will tell ya more tonight when I have time
Old 12-10-2003, 10:39 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Cool! how is that spray on sound deadening stuff? worth it or is the dynamatt the way to go?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Quick Reply: custom upholstery/tops/stereo/tv/dvd installer if you guys need questions answered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.