Jacobs Ignitions >

Jacobs Ignitions

Notices

Jacobs Ignitions

Old 02-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Jacobs Ignitions

Do the Jacobs Ignition systems control the advance curve? If so how and if not what does? Also Any comments on the system good AND bad Does anyone have any contacts on retailers who sell them?
Old 02-06-2003, 09:48 PM
B.R.S.

The distributor still controls the advance with the jacobs ignition. I have been using them for years with Mallory Dist. and have been very happy with them. Your best bet is to get it directly from them I believe they are in Texas and will sell to you over the phone. They do exactly what they claim.

Old 02-07-2003, 01:07 PM
bobby daniels

NOT TRYING TO FIGHT OVER THIS BUT SOME PEOPLE WILL LIKE IT BUT IT DOESN'T COMPARE TO MSD OR CRANE ,,I JUST GAVE AWAY 2 FROM DYNO TEST THEY WERE JUNK !!!!
I KNOW SOMEONE WILL COME BACK AND SAY I'VE HAD ONE FOR 100 YEARS AND LOVE IT GOOD YOUR ONE OF THE FEW !!!
GOOD ADS SELL THEM ,THEN WHO WILL RETURN THEM ??
THEY SUCK GO MSD FOR MY MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

I Know this has been covered but
all lower case would still be better than all caps
Old 02-07-2003, 03:33 PM
bobby daniels

No problem ,lighten up and smile at the small things ,have a good week-end ,I've got to go to the daytona junk !

Old 02-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Registered

Bobby Lower is better I think to but what do I know Bobby where is Climax? I was in Fairfax Co. and in White Hall Va. for quite awile I say MSD but
Old 02-07-2003, 07:49 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

A few years back I purchased two complete systems. I was impressed with their concept and thought they would be the ticket. After swapping out two modules that failed I made them refund my money....just didn't work out. During the lst failure the motor was breaking up mid range and up and Jacobs maintained it couldn't be their module. I went back to stock system and motor was again normal. They then agreed to replace module but wanted to charge me a prorate. I supposedly had a "lifetime" warranty originally. That was when I decided I didn't need their systems any longer.
Old 02-08-2003, 12:47 AM
OneMoreMph

The system I had on the mustang failed me once. That's too many times. However, the jacobs nitrous mastermind is a beautiful thing!

Old 02-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Arrow You guys are CRAZY!!!

Hey Bobby, I've had my Jacob ignitions for 101 years and they haven't failed me yet! Yep!---I think I'll just run right out and buy another Jacob's ignition system as a back-up!

As Foghorn Leghorn would say; "Now ya know----I,....I say now ya know I'ma just a messin' with yo head now donchya son?"
Old 02-08-2003, 11:45 AM
bobby daniels

Kamma had me worried !!

Floridason climax is 22 miles from whitehall !!!

I spent most of my time in Chatham VA. Hargrave miliatary

Quick Reply: Jacobs Ignitions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.