Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered

Getting the boat off trailer

I've looked for previous threads but wasn't able to find them. I need to get my old trailer out from under the boat and slip the new one in. I'll use jacks to raise the boat or as I read previously somewhere I'll jack the trailer up and let the boat down on blocks and pull the trailer as far forward as possible, reblock the boat and pull forward again until the trailer is out. Question is do the blocks under the keel support all the weight? I know I'll have to block up under the edges of the hull but does this support weight or just stabilize the boat from side to side. The transom is now flush with the ends of the bunks so I can't prop the back up until I can pull the trailer out some. The new trailer has short keel centering bunks in front. Do they support any weight?
    BTW, Taking it to a ramp is not an option since the current trailer is not safe to use. Steel trailer which saw salt water.

Thanks

Registered
    My Boats:
    30 motion ob
    Rayman it is not a big deal. Tie your boat to a tree or another truck unwind the winch, pull the boat off the trailer 3'-5' then block the transom keel and chines. Continue to pull boat forward untill you can get blocks under the windshield area that should be good enough. Then to install new trailer, have somebody work the winch as you slowly backup your truck. Remember use double row of blocks and wood to protect hull and do not untie transom untill your boat is securely on new trailer. I know the first time it is scarey but go slow and you will be ok. Good luck

My Boats:
    1996 Wellcraft Scarab Sport & 1990 Donzi GT210
    I'm guessing you cann't get to the water. Back it off switch trailers and reload.