Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer >

OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Notices
View Poll Results: Favorite Tool Manufacturer?
Matco
4.95%
Snap-On
53.15%
Craftsman
36.04%
Other
5.86%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Old 09-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

snap on is in a class byitself overall, but where you really see the difference is in the open end wrenches, snap on wrenches are much stronger than the other brands, the jaws wont spread when you are really leaning on the, which will prevent rounding of the head of the bolt, as far as air tools all the big three , mac, matco, snap on, are good ones, so go with what you like or think is the most tool for the money. snap on are usaully the most expesive. i have a mix of differnt tools but all my combination wrenches are snap on. keep in mind cash is king and if you're paying cash you can get them to work with you on pricing
Old 09-18-2006, 02:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
snap on is in a class byitself overall, but where you really see the difference is in the open end wrenches, snap on wrenches are much stronger than the other brands, the jaws wont spread when you are really leaning on the, which will prevent rounding of the head of the bolt, as far as air tools all the big three , mac, matco, snap on, are good ones, so go with what you like or think is the most tool for the money. snap on are usaully the most expesive. i have a mix of differnt tools but all my combination wrenches are snap on. keep in mind cash is king and if you're paying cash you can get them to work with you on pricing

I was shocked to see you chose Snapon.

I'd have guessed Doc Johnson.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I was shocked to see you chose Snapon.

I'd have guessed Doc Johnson.
I wonder if "Doc Johnson" tools wipe off as well as Snap-on .... roflmao.......
Old 01-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned Craftsman tools since I was 14 and for my purposes they have always served me well. A few years back I was going to install a set of headers on my truck, and knew I would spend more time chasing tools from my collection than using them, and would be easier to bring home a big box of Snap-On tools from the shop (I own a pawnshop). I always figured the Snap-On's and Mac's were just overpriced and you were paying for the privlidge of having them delivered to the workplace and being able to pay them out. My opinion changed when I actually USED them! The wrenches were much more comfortable to use and the ratchets were smooth as silk and also a pleasure to use. Still have lots of Craftsman and use them when convienent, but on the rare ocasion they are all in the big box where they should be (it's a Mac box btw, and I love it!) I will always pick the Snap-On first .
Old 01-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as an X snap on dealer I will tell you that the tools for the most part are very good and there is a difference. As for the company and how they do bis and or treat there dealers who are there life blood THEY SUCK enough said.