Ranking Hyd. Steering Systems >

Ranking Hyd. Steering Systems

Notices

Ranking Hyd. Steering Systems

Old 02-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ranking Hyd. Steering Systems

XS Performance Marine I installed one of their systems last summer .Great system and great to work with.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cig35Mistress
ttt

Hi BigDogg,

How well did you know the McMillen family? If these are the same guys, old time Miami boys, machinists, mechanics and raceboat guys, Tommy is a very good friend of mine.

He's a mechanic working at the local Donzi dealer in my town and I have known him for years. Helps me out a bunch with my 35' Mistress. Keep trying to get him to bring his machines over and set up shop in my building, go back to the way things were in the old days.

Let me know if we are thinking about the same guys.

Harry
Sorry for having to use a different nik..had to get rid of the old one(hadn't been here for a while..lost the password to it)
and yes I was reffering to Tommy and his dad Mac. Tommy is a nice guy and his dad was very talented.The 80's and 90's burned Tommy out.... Man I thought this thread was dead and burried....lol look at all the people selling steering now!
Old 02-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

I added the WPM add system this winter, I bought the dual ram system because I thought it looked better, I ended up only putting on one ram though but the wing plate is still set up for two. Maybe I'll add it later, didn't have the room without moving some stuff on the floor and figured one ram was good enough. I just didn't feel like relocating my trim pump and sea strainer.
The hardware was top notch, steel braided lines, nicely plished rams and wing plate, super heavy duty constuction. I dont know if you could actually make it any better.
If there is one thing I dont like about it, its the directions, they give you a pretty good idea of how to mount the brackets for the rams to the transom, but if you put them where they say to your steering would be limited alot more than if you take the time, mount them to the wing plate and turn your drive side to side, up and down, and get the maximum movement possible out of your drive. It took some time to do and a someone to help me line everything up but I have like 99% of my total steering still.
I also used a rotary laser level to line up the bracket before mounting it. If I would have mounted the other side I could have gotten it pretty close to perfect with that laser. You can just set it up behind the boat and shoot a line across the back of your transom, you can also set it up so shoot a vertical line up the transom as well by turning it on its side.