crane box?

Old 05-31-2003, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guess what just got a free cranes box
Old 06-01-2003, 05:12 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't jump in to often but have to now.I have installed many MSD systems over the years with alot of different problems,but the worst problem is the distributor's rust up every year and I've gotten MSD to warranty them but does not cure the problem.Last year I installed 6 Crane boxes 2 with over 250 hours others with about 100 hours with no problems yet.I also have a shelf of MSD junk I will never use agian, and why has nobody mentioned the analog verses digital factor yet.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:53 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo Find Me,
Do you have ANY idea of the politics involved behind the scenes in NASCAR
They would approve a sweet potato for a coil if the farmers donated enough money And not only that , but the mechanics would make them work.
Nascar has changed considerably over the years. From "who builds the fastest car"to"keep everbody equal ".
Most obvious one...did you ever see a 2 door Taurus on the highway?DOH! Can you say RESRICTOR PLATES? WHY's that? DO MSD's make the cars to fast? POLITCS , plain and simple
It's still great to watch. That's because they try to keep things close and competitive. Then again that's also why they have become some of the worlds best cheaters.
If you want to believe MSD is the best...fine. This is a free country and we all have a right to our own opinion. It's just that I have seen too many MSD failures and/or problems to justify putting them in MY boat that runs around 5500 rpms. There are a lot of ignitions that work perfectly well at that speed and with a lower failure rate.
Yes , MSD's are great at 7000 or 8000 rpms...perhaps the best out there (ouch) but for probably 90% of us , it's unnecessary overkill.
You really want to keep your boat going........ K.I.S.S.
Now if you'll excuse me , I'm going out and get some breakfast (IN THE FREAKIN RAIN AGAIN). THIS IS 11 WEEKENDS IN A ROW AND I'M GETTING A LITTLE TESTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have at wonderful day
Old 06-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mopower
Yo Find Me,
Do you have ANY idea of the politics involved behind the scenes in NASCAR
They would approve a sweet potato for a coil if the farmers donated enough money

Have at wonderful day
you got it there if you've aver done any racing it money that gets the parts approved