Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Holley Carb.Fuel Pump vent hose location? >

Holley Carb.Fuel Pump vent hose location?

Notices

Holley Carb.Fuel Pump vent hose location?

Old 05-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley Carb.Fuel Pump vent hose location?

As I have posted before I am switching from an Edelbrock to a Holley carb...I just noticed that I can't find anyplace to put the fuel pump vent hose on the carb.....Seems like my old motor with a Q-jet on it had the hose going to flame arrestor but Im not sure. If so since Im running a K&N do they make a fitting for the hose or am I mistaken about the q-jet stock flame arrestors.....
Here is the pics of the carb...

BH
Attached Thumbnails Holley Carb.Fuel Pump vent hose location?-carb-pics-001.jpg  
Old 05-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Registered

view 2
Attached Thumbnails Holley Carb.Fuel Pump vent hose location?-carb-pics-004.jpg  
Old 05-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Registered

view 3
Attached Thumbnails Holley Carb.Fuel Pump vent hose location?-mvc-009f.jpg  
Old 05-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My K&N has a hole on the bottom that I put a rubber grommet in and put the vent line in the through the grommet. I can't remember if I had to drill the hole or it came that way.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:13 AM
Registered

Hey Bad.........just got mine yesterday and was wondering the same thing. Just a guess, but is it the fitting that is plugged with the lil piece of hose, or is that strictly vacumn.....?

What are you going to run for a linkage bracket?

Did you say you picked up a trick kit for it? What's the #?
Old 05-28-2003, 07:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That vent line is there in case the diaphram ruptures. On a car it would just leak on the ground.
On a Q-Jet the tube attaches to a fitting on front of the carb. Not sure where it goes from there. Maybe to the float bowl?
I wouldn't attach it to a vacum line, try the flame arrestor. I'm surprised that Holley didn't provide a fitting for it.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:40 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

BH,
Depending on the manufacturer of your flame arrestor, there is a barbed fitting that is incorporated in the arrestor where the tube connects. In the case of a diaphram rupture the fuel would be diverted through the arrestor and into the carb. I believe any part advertiser on this site could help get you this fitting. Hope this helps.

Paul
Old 05-28-2003, 01:45 PM
Registered

Badhabit........

Did a lil research, and it looks like the small plugged line is for vacumn only. If the carb came with a fuel vent (ours did not), it would have been to the left of the primary float plug between the choke and the plug on the angled area. Guess you'll hafta run one on the flame arrestor.

I figured the linkage out also........still wondering about the trick kit tho if you have a part #.....
Old 05-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K&N makes an adapter for the vent hose just like the crankcase vent hoses only smaller.
My only question with this entire set up is....since liquid seek its own level...if the diaphram leaks , why would it go up the vent tube to the carb , when there is a LOWER , EASIER path right into the crankcase?I realize if you have the water pump mounted fuel pumps this won't happen , but how about the block mounted ones?
Old 05-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Madmax
Badhabit........

Did a lil research, and it looks like the small plugged line is for vacumn only. If the carb came with a fuel vent (ours did not), it would have been to the left of the primary float plug between the choke and the plug on the angled area. Guess you'll hafta run one on the flame arrestor.

I figured the linkage out also........still wondering about the trick kit tho if you have a part #.....
Trick Kit#37-1541
Jet Assortment Kit#36-181
The Linkage plate is Summit Part#SUM-G1419

I think I will just drill the hole under the Flame Arrestor instead of bolting the adapter on...I already have to much hanging off the damn thing now!
Here is the adapter.

BH
Attached Images  

Last edited by BAD-HABIT; 05-28-2003 at 05:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Holley Carb.Fuel Pump vent hose location?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.