Follow up to Water in oil, now silver specks

Notices

Follow up to Water in oil, now silver specks

Old 06-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up to Water in oil, now silver specks

Did an on the water test today and all is well. Whew! Had good oil pressure and no issues with temperature. After I got home I drained the oil and cut open the filter. The oil still looked brand new and there were just a few tiny specks in the filter. ( Normal. I would say). I think I am OK. The water did not do any real damage. I still can't figure out where the silver specks in the oil came from, though.

I also seem to have made some progress on getting my new Holley 800 dialed in. In another thread I had mentioned that I was not able to adjust out a rich condition at idle. On the advice of Crazyhorse I went down a couple of sizes on the power valve. Stock was a 65. I went to a 45. I was able to lower the idle speed adjustment screw and turn in the idle screws a 1/4 turn. It now idles good without loading up. I started out by going up a couple sizes on the jets to make sure I was rich enough. I did a plug check and a couple of them still looked lean so when I got home I went up a little more. I now have 76 jets in both primarys and 89 jets in the secondarys. I may have to go up a little more but those are the biggest jets I have at this time. The best part is I was able to easily get 1 mph more with the Holley versus the stock Weber 750. I think there is at least another 1 -2 mph to be had with some more carb and timing adjustment.

See ya, Doug