replacing floor in a cat.

Notices

replacing floor in a cat.

Old 06-16-2003, 04:02 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts
Default replacing floor in a cat.

Found out the floor in my HTM has some real soft areas under the back seat. The boat does not drain very well so I am thinking about replace the wood floor, add layers fiberglass and then paint it. Looking for ideas, advice and and info I may need.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:13 PM
liquid lounge

I've never done it, but I think somthing like King Starboard Lite would be pretty trick....might need two layers depending on how well its supported underneath......would be lightweight and never rot...could go over it with Pirrelli flooring or carpet....just some ideas

Old 06-16-2003, 04:28 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

What is King Starboard Lite? The plan at first was Pirrelli flooring and still may finish it off with it.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:32 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it will proably need opt be faired out. Fiberglass over plywood never seems to be as smooth a finish and one would think.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would use High density Foam.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:32 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Originally posted by Audiofn
I would use High density Foam.
For the floor with fiberglass on top?
Old 06-17-2003, 01:01 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did soem foam glass stuff make sur eyou use epoxy resin with it. The other crap melts it!!!

onc eyou biuld up several layers of glass on the foam it become pretty damn durable
Old 06-17-2003, 07:00 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by KCHOTBOAT
For the floor with fiberglass on top?
Yes with glass on top, and the bottom. We did that in a buddy's Hydrostream and it was ROCK SOLID. I believe if memory serves we used lighter foam but made it thicker to compensate. We I believe used 1" 8 pound density. Then we put 12 pound density plugs in any place we were going to have to bolt anything to the floor. It worked out great. There are lots of options. However consider this. Plywood if properly installed should last you more then 20 or 30 years so do you really want to get into ussing the exotic stuff? It can get real expensive.

As far as the foam I use you can use polyester resin with it no problem.

Jon
Old 06-17-2003, 08:58 AM
liquid lounge

The King Starboard Lite is like a sandwiched high density foam, with a hard poly exterior on both sides....on my boat they used it for all the seat bases and backing plates....pretty stiff, but everything would have to be through bolted...what do you think Audio...have you seen the stuff? KC, they may have some Starboard Lite [or a knock-off] at Fantastik Plastics on Gillum. Do a web search on King Starboard..they have a web site. If you want you can see it on my boat as I keep it in the warehouse where I work in Lenexa. Take care

Old 06-17-2003, 10:23 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Originally posted by liquid lounge
The King Starboard Lite is like a sandwiched high density foam, with a hard poly exterior on both sides....on my boat they used it for all the seat bases and backing plates....pretty stiff, but everything would have to be through bolted...what do you think Audio...have you seen the stuff? KC, they may have some Starboard Lite [or a knock-off] at Fantastik Plastics on Gillum. Do a web search on King Starboard..they have a web site. If you want you can see it on my boat as I keep it in the warehouse where I work in Lenexa. Take care
I would like to check your boat out sometime. I work at JCCC so I am just down the road.

Quick Reply: replacing floor in a cat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.