Mercury racing >

Mercury racing

Notices

Mercury racing

Old 06-26-2003, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mercury racing

Do they rebuild their old engines? For example if you buy say a pair of 600s but the have 500 hours on them, can you send them to them to rebuild?
Old 06-26-2003, 04:57 PM
bobby daniels

No but alot of guys on the board would love to fix them !!!

Old 06-26-2003, 05:09 PM
Registered

I hear you Bobby but with all the talk of Sea Race and our St. Louis friend I am much more leary of people on the board. If merc racing does it and screws it up at least you know if you won a law suit there are pockets to back it up.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would most likely be cheaper to buy new 575's and sell your old ones rather than having Mercury rebuild those.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:18 AM
bobby daniels

Yep Fred and back 4 more have good points ,but there are some really good builders out there who will try very hard and really care if they do good work ,p.m. me I'll name a few
,Those are great motors to start from and should not be expensive to rebuild and dyno break in and set up

Old 06-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

500 hours....... those motors are not broken in yet unless someone has done something dastardly to them like WOT for all 500 hours. big black makes them rather moderate and durable. I would be more conserned about the blower bearings at 500 hours. Seriously though if someons follows the merc manual to a T they will be as good as day one after a freshen up. good luck the Ironman.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:01 AM
NO BULL

There is a engine builder Ron Sprol? close to New Orleans, La.

Old 06-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Registered

Originally posted by NO BULL
There is a engine builder Ron Sprol? close to New Orleans, La.
Yes there is.

Ron
Old 06-29-2003, 08:49 AM
Registered

RON,i doubt if you remember me but i met you back in 1989 when we were doing a record run on the mississippi river.i think you were racing k boats or some other kind of crazy boats at the time.i guess you moved up to fountains.chris martin
Old 06-29-2003, 10:42 AM
Registered

Chris,

You must have mistaken me for Ron Sprol. I am not Ron Sprol. My name is Ron Cardinal. I thought that someone was asking if Sprol was in New Orleans. I was just saying that he is. I have bought parts from Sprol and he seems to be a great guy. Actually he is in Chalmette, LA which is just south of New Orleans. If anyone needs his number he runs an ad in Powerboat and Hot boat mag every month. He's the guy selling engines and parts with the 504 area code number. There is also Total Marine in Slidell with a 504 number but I think they identify themselves in their ad.

Just trying to help a good guy (Sprol) out.

Ron

Quick Reply: Mercury racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.